Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good news - '02 SS #243 finally home (after big wreck)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news - '02 SS #243 finally home (after big wreck)

3 and a half months after a horrendous collision, my car is home, looking good and driving fine. $15,000+ in repairs with a $500 deductable. Wow, am I lucky!

With a new facia, grill, hood, both front fenders, a new windshield, frame alignment, new radiator, new front suspension, headlight, steering nuckle, wheels, tires and numerous other repairs, the car looks as good as new, maybe better. The shop's body and paint work are better than original. Yes, the SS hood, facia and fenders all actually match as they were painted out of the same batch.

There are a few issues like missing SS fender badges, a minor chip in the paint, new console lid, passenger seat repair and resetting the steering wheel one notch on the spline that need to be settled before finalizing the repairs.

I'm amazed, the car drives straight and true and feels tight.

Today I changed the oil (Mobil 1) and air filter, detailed the engine compartment and interior. The guys at the oil change shop were drooling and giving the car big compliments. The tech looked underneath and said there is no visible damage from the bottom. In fact, he said the body shop must have detailed the bottom side because it is spotless.

As soon as the shop does the finishing touches, I'm going to strip the wax they applied and start the Zaino process. My order from Sal is on the UPS truck.

It's a happy day here and a good day in Camaro history. '02 SS #243 was salvaged from disaster and will be around for years to come.

$15,000!!!!

I expect the best with that kinda dough...Glad to hear your SS stays on the road.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
    X