New guy here. Pics and Video.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here. Pics and Video.....

Just thought I would introduce myself. I am on most all the boards if you recognize my screen name. Few things about me, I am the President of Northern Illinois F-body Assoc. ( NIFBA.com ) I am also known for my many T-top conversions including my own. I offer a lot of advice and help to anyone considering doing a conversion.

My car is a 1994 Z28. I bought it bone stock. The car has gone through a lot of transformations since I bought it. The car used to have polished Z06's on it but I have recently gone with some O.E.M Corvette Zr1's powder coated black. Obviously I did a t top conversion, but other mods are as follows....

Complete body take off restoration and repaint.
    Pacesetter longtubes and ORY.
    Magnaflow cat back.
    Delete all emissions.
    All UMI performance suspension and SFC's
    Proformance Racing Transmissions 4l60E
    Hughes 3k stall
    Msd wires and NGK tr-55ix plugs
    LE2 heads
    918 springs
    Titanium retainers
    1.6 RR
    Custom ground Comp cam to my specs
    New lifters and pushrods
    A/F gauge and Trans temp gauge in custom console panel
    315 35 17 Nitto Dr in the rear.
    White overlay on gauges.
    Anodized red stock modified valve covers
    Ac delete.
    side molding delete
    Custom Nickel Z06 styled badges
    Gloss "berger" panel

That's about it for now, probably forgot a bunch.

I am currently building a Forged 396 to throw in her, planed for 600 @ the wheels and a nice shot if that isn't enough. Should be ready for the spring. At the same time a moser 9" will be installed as well as the roll cage.

Anyway, guess that is enough of an intro, here are pics as she sits right now and a couple of idle and rev videos. If you are in the Chicagoland area, feel free to check out our car club, we have almost 200 members. Thanks.

JIM

The t top conversion

How she used to look

Videos....

Idle.... click on them to watch...

A few revs to 6500

Jim
    President of N.I.F.B.A.
    Live in the Chicagoland area, want to be in a car club?
    Click here to visit the NIFBA

Welcome Jim. Those wheels especially in the back give it quite an aggressive look.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Welcome. Do you drive around with the front plate like that? Do the cops ever pull you over for that because a buddy of mine got a ticket when his neuspeed plate frame slightley covered where it said garden state.

Comment

Nice car, dude!

Very clean and I love the rims.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Welcome...... nice job!

Comment

Thanks everyone. As far as the plate, haven't ever had an issue. It meets all Illinois plate laws.

Jim
            President of N.I.F.B.A.

Comment

Great looking car!

The Ttop conversion looks great too.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

Originally posted by JPack
                Thanks everyone. As far as the plate, haven't ever had an issue. It meets all Illinois plate laws.
                folks been running the front plate there since 97......... ours were there..it meets the law in every state.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by 86FireBird
                  Welcome. Do you drive around with the front plate like that? Do the cops ever pull you over for that because a buddy of mine got a ticket when his neuspeed plate frame slightley covered where it said garden state.
                  thats a different issue. pull up your plate laws for your state... i did that in 97 and found that mounting it there on our Firehawk met all VA laws.... i never even bothered on the Comp T/A.....and never got a ticket.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                    thats a different issue. pull up your plate laws for your state... i did that in 97 and found that mounting it there on our Firehawk met all VA laws.... i never even bothered on the Comp T/A.....and never got a ticket.
                    How do we get that information? I just got a ticket for having the cover on my T/A. If I bolt it on the air-dam, they cant give me a ticket?
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Need to look up your local laws. For me, this is what I based mine off of....

(625 ILCS 5/3‑413) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 3‑413)
                      (Text of Section from P.A. 92‑668)
                      Sec. 3‑413. Display of registration plates, registration stickers and driveway decal permits.
                      (a) Registration plates issued for a motor vehicle other than a motorcycle, trailer, semitrailer, truck‑tractor, apportioned bus, or apportioned truck shall be attached thereto, one in the front and one in the rear. The registration plate issued for a motorcycle, trailer or semitrailer required to be registered hereunder and any apportionment plate issued to a bus under the provisions of this Code shall be attached to the rear thereof. The registration plate issued for a truck‑tractor or an apportioned truck required to be registered hereunder shall be attached to the front thereof.
                      (b) Every registration plate shall at all times be securely fastened in a horizontal position to the vehicle for which it is issued so as to prevent the plate from swinging and at a height of not less than 5 inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom of such plate, in a place and position to be clearly visible and shall be maintained in a condition to be clearly legible, free from any materials that would obstruct the visibility of the plate, including, but not limited to, glass covers and tinted plastic covers. Clear plastic covers are permissible as long as they remain clear and do not obstruct the visibility of the plates. Registration stickers issued as evidence of renewed annual registration shall be attached to registration plates as required by the Secretary of State, and be clearly visible at all times.

Jim
                      President of N.I.F.B.A.

Comment

Originally posted by JPack
                        Need to look up your local laws. For me, this is what I based mine off of....

(625 ILCS 5/3‑413) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 3‑413)
                        (Text of Section from P.A. 92‑668)
                        Sec. 3‑413. Display of registration plates, registration stickers and driveway decal permits.
                        (a) Registration plates issued for a motor vehicle other than a motorcycle, trailer, semitrailer, truck‑tractor, apportioned bus, or apportioned truck shall be attached thereto, one in the front and one in the rear. The registration plate issued for a motorcycle, trailer or semitrailer required to be registered hereunder and any apportionment plate issued to a bus under the provisions of this Code shall be attached to the rear thereof. The registration plate issued for a truck‑tractor or an apportioned truck required to be registered hereunder shall be attached to the front thereof.
                        (b) Every registration plate shall at all times be securely fastened in a horizontal position to the vehicle for which it is issued so as to prevent the plate from swinging and at a height of not less than 5 inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom of such plate, in a place and position to be clearly visible and shall be maintained in a condition to be clearly legible, free from any materials that would obstruct the visibility of the plate, including, but not limited to, glass covers and tinted plastic covers. Clear plastic covers are permissible as long as they remain clear and do not obstruct the visibility of the plates. Registration stickers issued as evidence of renewed annual registration shall be attached to registration plates as required by the Secretary of State, and be clearly visible at all times.
                        Suprised police havn't hassled you yet can't really see experation dates on plate
                        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Our Exp. date is on the rear plate only, so no worries there.

Jim
                          President of N.I.F.B.A.

Comment

Welcome to F-Body.com!!
                            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Welcome Jim.
                              Nice car an I like the color.
                              Blazer

Comment

Working...
                              X