New car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car

My '99 Alero is pushing over 110k miles and I'm in the process of looking for a new car (brand new 0 miles). 2 door, stick, nothing too fancy. It's going to be my daily driver and it has to handle well in the snow and get good gas milage.

The Honda Civic SI cought my eye

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-si-coupe/

Any suggestions?

Don't worry I'm not selling the T/A.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

The SI is pretty nice. Pretty impressive engine for what it is (194hp). Something that handles good is, hmmm.

Subaru is the best for Snow and stuff. Get a simple Impreza WRX.
    173-hp 2.5-liter SUBARU BOXER engine &
    Sport-tuned 4-wheel independent suspension
    Full-time-AWD
    These cars are really fun. Quick and the shifter and trans feels good.
    Very fun in the rain.

They start at $17k. Which is is less than the SI and will handle a lot better in snow/wet surfaces.

The SI starts at $21K.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Yeah the Impreza is a fun car to drive. My brother had an '01 WRX and it handled ridiculously well. The only thing I didn't like was the shifter. It was too small and it hurt your palm.

It's a great car and all but since my brother had one I don't want to follow in his footsteps. I want something different.

No GM cars.
      Hercules

Comment

Honda makes a great car. I have a 99 Acura that just keeps going with only routine maint. Just keep an eye on the tranny they are notorious. Nothing but honda tranny fluid, anything else kills em. And at $6.00 a quart from the dealer it's tempting.
        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

the new SI is a very good car,and pretty fast,2 of my friends have them no problems,0 to 60 in 6.5 secs decent
          2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
            The only thing I didn't like was the shifter. It was too small and it hurt your palm.
            Change the shift knob. lol

What kind of money are you looking to spend?
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Probably no more than $25k..
              Hercules

Comment

Wait for the camaro
                1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

why not a mazada mazadaspeed 3 or something? my cuzin has one, nice cars and sporty
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
                    why not a mazada mazadaspeed 3 or something? my cuzin has one, nice cars and sporty
                    Or a Mazda 6. One of those is AWD. The Turbo one is pretty dang fast too.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

ricers.......my forum is now full of ricers..............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs

Or mabe it's called imports ricer is when put huge wing on it that doesn't match
                        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Lol, how can I say anything bad about a car that's given me 180k miles of reliable service with no signs of quitting? Change the oil, put plugs in it twice (which took all of 30mins by the way) and it's good to go.
                          Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

I would buy a Cobalt SS myself. It's built well, has plenty of zip, and get's decent gas mileage.
                            2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

It's too bad the V6 Sonata only comes with an automatic tranny. You might want to check out the Accord, Camry and Corrolla.
                              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                              SOLD- Kinda miss it
                              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                              SOLD- Good riddance!
                              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                              X