Car Max dented our mini van

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Max dented our mini van

I'm just blown away by this. I washed the van yesterday and it was spotless. We don't drive it so it sat in the driveway all day today. We drove it to the Car Max store in Norcross. We park it up front so the can evaluate it. We go in and set them up to evaluate it while we look around to decide what to get. We come back and they offered us $3000 for it. It's a 2001 Grand Caravan with a KBB trade in value of $5400. I expected $4000-$4500. We get up to leave and my wife can't squeeze in to the passenger door so I have to back out. She stops me and says there is a big deep scratch on the right rear sliding door. I get out and it's dented enough to see it. We pulled it up to the main door and got them to come look at it. Of coarse they deny everything when I asked if it was your car and you leave it with a company to evaluate it for purchase and it comes back dented what would you do. He looked at me and said well what you are doing. I said you do carry insurance don't you. He said of coarse and he volunteered to fix it. I'm just mad now because it has never been wrecked and I don't care what anybody says they can never fix it as good as it was. I can't believe this is happening. Ugh. I just had to vent.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Minivans were made to get scratched up.

You ought to see my 03.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

at least he offered to fix it no questions asked. I'd flip if they tried to deny it and get out of paying for it
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Ive had a crappy day too car wise. My little sister left her 2000 Sunfire to get fixed up at the shop overnight. Well we had bad storms overnight and the loud rain and thunder gave cover to some scum that broke in her drivers side window and stole her stereo. Since she is young and knows nothing about what to do in these situations, I had to handle the whole thing.

So +1 for a bad non F-body day.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Sorry to hear that. But they said they would fix it so hold them to it.
          Blazer

Comment

Bad car day for me too. I've been driving on bald tires for the last few months because I haven't been able to afford new ones. Finally, today I take it to Discount Tire to get some put on. Well, apparently when they were taking one of the wheels off, one of the lugs snapped off. They said that whoever took the wheels off last (Just Brakes) must have cross threaded it and tightened it down like that. So now I have to call Just Brakes and try to get them to pay to fix it. The guy at Discount Tire said that it was a cheap part, but Just Brakes should pay for it. I dunno....I just hate taking my car to get worked on. You never know what you are going to get.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              at least he offered to fix it no questions asked. I'd flip if they tried to deny it and get out of paying for it
              Oh there were plenty of questions asked and they did try and deny it. He wasn't going to do anything until I said what would do if you were me. That is when he changed his tune. I told him I'm sure you probably think I am trying to scam them but I looked at the report the guy had just done and he wrote there were no dents. So it was kind of like either you missed it or it happened after you looked at it. They didn't want to admit they missed it so it must have just happened.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

I guess this is turning into a repair shop horror story thread so I'll throw mine in here too. I few weeks ago I replaced my tie rods. When I went to pull the front wheels off I discovered the tire monkey at Three Stooges Tire used a pair of vice grips to remove my locking lug nut. The thing that really po's me is I was in the store wating for the tires and the key was in the console. All the moron had to do was ask. I could go argue with Larry, Moe and Curly but I'm sure they will just deny it. So I think I'll just do the next best thing and take what could have been years of business and thousands of dollars elsewhere. Oh and BTW it also cost me one of my craftsman sockets since the idiot put the stripped out locking nut back on at 10,000 foot pounds torque and I had to hammer a socket onto the nut to get it off. Lol, if I can get the nut out I'll take it back to Sears

Sorry to hear about everyone else's misfortune.
                Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

That sucks, Jeff.

At least you got them to agree to fix it. That's harder than it sounds to most people.

When I had my 2001 S-10 ZR2, I was loading my kayak in the bed of my truck. I step up onto the tailgate and next thing I know I'm staring at the sky. The support cables both snapped (I'm only 185 lbs). When they broke, the tailgate hit the rear bumper and put a crease along the entire length of the tailgate.

The Chevy dealership where I bought it replaced the cables (under warranty), but refused to fix the damage caused by said cables.... Until I called GM customer care. They called me back and said to come down and they would replace the tailgate at no charge.

Unfortunately, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                    That sucks, Jeff.

At least you got them to agree to fix it. That's harder than it sounds to most people.

When I had my 2001 S-10 ZR2, I was loading my kayak in the bed of my truck. I step up onto the tailgate and next thing I know I'm staring at the sky. The support cables both snapped (I'm only 185 lbs). When they broke, the tailgate hit the rear bumper and put a crease along the entire length of the tailgate.

The Chevy dealership where I bought it replaced the cables (under warranty), but refused to fix the damage caused by said cables.... Until I called GM customer care. They called me back and said to come down and they would replace the tailgate at no charge.

Unfortunately, the squeaky whel gets the oil.
                    Oh yeah. Chevy had a recall on like 2000-2004 silverado Tailgate Support cables. What was happening is that the cables had glue on one end that didnt allow the water to run out of the cables and they would rust and snap. I replaced well over 1000 sets of cables over a one year period. And we had to replace the tailgates that got damaged. It was crazy.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                      Oh yeah. Chevy had a recall on like 2000-2004 silverado Tailgate Support cables. What was happening is that the cables had glue on one end that didnt allow the water to run out of the cables and they would rust and snap. I replaced well over 1000 sets of cables over a one year period. And we had to replace the tailgates that got damaged. It was crazy.
                      I remember it very well. The recall missed the S-10's by something like 30,000 trucks. That's not a lot. The service manager told me the cables were just galvanized. The replacement cables are stainless steel.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

The one off of 85? Dude that sucks! Ever figure out how that happened?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                          The one off of 85? Dude that sucks! Ever figure out how that happened?
                          Either he went around a corner with some low bush or a car pulled in next to it and hit it. I think it was likely the later because he parked it so crooked it and to the right side.

Comment

Update. The dealership called to set up a repair but they want us to bring it in between 9 and 5 on a weekday. I told him that is not possible. I said we can bring it in the evening and leave it for a day. He said he would have to check on it and let us know.

We may revert to plan B. We went there to trade it in so we might just trade it and forget about the repair. We are going to go look at a BMW 323i sport package for my wife. If we can trade it for a good deal we will do it now.

Comment

sounds like a deal to me...

because, if you intend to take it anywhere else, they probably will notice the accident and will never give you what you deserve. I would be inclinded to work with that carmax alone to get a deal out of it...possibly what you intially wanted of 4500 and not what they offered. Leave it to them to fix their own problem if you decided to trade.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                              X