Don't use USPS guys...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't use USPS guys...

I've always used them for everything. I dealt with the long lines, old people in line, rude staff, over priced shipping, etc.... Because it was convenient. I've never really had a problem, other than what's listed above.

A guy in MA sent out a package for some stunt gear for my bike. Good amount of money I spent on this. I had been tracking it, seeing where it was. The day it was scheduled to arrive, I check the status and it says that it was forwarded to the US Mail recovery center in Georgia... That makes a lot of sense, a package that was sent to Detroit was forwarded across the country.

I called but dealt with very loud very rude women. I got hung up on twice. I was having a hard time comprehending that something I paid over $100 for was not readable by them (they damaged the box to where they couldn't read where it was heading), so they just send it to a center to auction it off.

Yes, they auction things off that YOU paid for, and profit from it.

So I call again and talk to another person who tells me I have to write a detailed letter describing what was in the package. So I do it. I write a full page, and include 3 big pictures of exactly what was in the box. I also included where it was coming from, where it was going, the tracking number for the package, etc... I put my cell number in the letter and asked them to call me when they got the letter, and I received no call.

It's been two weeks and I have received nothing from them. They took something I paid for, wrecked the label, and auctioned it off for their own profits. I'm disgusted, and I will never use them again. The fishy part is, delivery confirmation and tracking was on it, so it had a barcode, the address it was to be delivered to should have been in electronic form as well.

Use UPS guys. I used them for the first time today (staples right by the post office has one.)

I shipped my PCM to madz28 for $9.50, with free $100 insurance, and free tracking, etc... With this, I feel pretty safe. 10 bucks, two days delivery time, I can track it, and if they lose it, I get $100 for an OBDII PCM.

The post office is a joke, try not to use them. And when you have a problem, don't even bother calling, you'll get nowhere.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

I stopped using the post office a long time ago for some of those very reasons. It's a dinosaur. Unwilling to change with the times, and some of the rudest people in the world seem to work at most of the post offices I went to. I use FedEx or UPS. FedEx tends to be a little cheaper for shipping items out. At least in my experience. Either way, it's piece of mind.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

My brother-in-law works at the post office and all I trust them to ship is the mail. No packages.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You got that right. They are without a doubt the rudest poeple I've ever dealt with. If I was as miserable as most of the people working at the pist office (not a typo), I'd stick a gun in my mouth. And the thing is, they have to litterally go postal to get fired and they know it.
        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Im a shipping manager and I absolutely love UPS. I have to place claims and track over 200 packages a day and they are great. Its even better our company has an account because we ship so much. So when I order something online I can use our account to have it shipped quicker and expedite the shipment. Its awesome. I have used USPS once, no problems but indeed its not reliable like UPS is. When UPS losses it or something. They pay for it no questions asked. Sorry to hear Raro.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Its crazy that in year 2007 this kinda injustice still happens with "legitimate" companies.

Comment

UPS is a private concern.

USPS is a quasi-governmental concern.

Remember this post when someone says they want the government to provide national health insurance.

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here."
              R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Remember this post when someone says they want the government to provide national health insurance.
                Naww Hilliary Clinton fixed that already, oh that's right, she lied.
                Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

That blows dude. I've had to deal with them a couple of times and was very dissatisfied this last time with my latest retune from PCMForLess. UPS...won't even touch them. I've gotten such horrible service from them I refuse to use them. DHL all the way. They cost less, have better service and deliver pretty stinkin' quick.
                  Steve
                  79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                  87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                  93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                  http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Yep, I use USPS for mail ONLY...Sorry to hear about your luck with them.
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

Damn it

I ordered my Seat Belt Guides and guess who they shipped them with?

AHHHHHH

USPS. Man I hope I get them.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                        I ordered my Seat Belt Guides and guess who they shipped them with?

AHHHHHH

USPS. Man I hope I get them.
                        Hey man, if not, maybe i'll pick it up from an auction...
                        http://www.usps.com/auctions/

then i'll sell it back to ya at a good rate
                        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

HA BLOODY HA
                          Eddie
                          2000 M6 Trans Am
                          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

This last Spring I sent a buddy of mine who lives in Washington a $25.00 gas card. 2 weeks go by and he never got it. So I sent him another one only this time I had delivery confirmation and a tracking #. What do you know? It got there in 2 days..
                            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                            X