'07 Rustang GT RWHP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '07 Rustang GT RWHP?

Does anyone know what kind of numbers a stock GT puts out at the wheels?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

One guy said,
    "Yes! I have all the mods you just named and push 310 rwhp. But that equates to just about 370 h.p. at the crank, which is really safe h.p. as long as you have a good tuner. "

(Which seems like a hell of a lot of drivetrain loss)

This is the mod list they were claiming:
    CAI
    tuner
    UDP
    headers
    high flow cats
    exhaust
    throttle body
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I just read that a stock 07 stang makes 278 RWHP
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

The ford website says that the GT pushes about 300. Wow 5 years after the f-body stops production and the mustang still cant see the same numbers without a supercharger

Comment

Hmm. Yeah I was on some Stang forum and this guys goal was to get 375 rwhp N/A and everything said the same thing, "Aint going to happen without Boost or "NOS.""

Thats pretty sad. The reason i ask is b/c my buddy has a new GT and he's doing all these things to it. And I told hi he just wasted his money. He swears he can beat me and he makes more power b/c it has, (I think) SOHC's and all this. Well He cant seem to break into the 8's in the 1/8th. Which is pretty sad. He's just a typical Ignorant Rustang driver, but he has no experience with even racing at all or launching. So its going to be interesting. He was all rushing to install his short shifter b/c he thought it was going to make a huge difference. I told him its a waste. He already had TB, CAI, Exhaust. I told him to invest into some suspension and a wheel and tire combo. That with that he should be in the 8's. His plan is to beat me with less, but that does not look very good on his end. I only have exhaust and im already spanking him. ha ha a ha
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            Hmm. Yeah I was on some Stang forum and this guys goal was to get 375 rwhp N/A and everything said the same thing, "Aint going to happen without Boost or "NOS.""

Thats pretty sad. The reason i ask is b/c my buddy has a new GT and he's doing all these things to it. And I told hi he just wasted his money. He swears he can beat me and he makes more power b/c it has, (I think) SOHC's and all this. Well He cant seem to break into the 8's in the 1/8th. Which is pretty sad. He's just a typical Ignorant Rustang driver, but he has no experience with even racing at all or launching. So its going to be interesting. He was all rushing to install his short shifter b/c he thought it was going to make a huge difference. I told him its a waste. He already had TB, CAI, Exhaust. I told him to invest into some suspension and a wheel and tire combo. That with that he should be in the 8's. His plan is to beat me with less, but that does not look very good on his end. I only have exhaust and im already spanking him. ha ha a ha
            i gotta friend who acts the same exact way... and ya they are SOHC engines.. They always say "oh mustang are so much lighter and you can go faster with less work" yet all they talk about are turbos,superchargers and NOS..

Theyre all proud that the new shelbys can stand up to the corvette when its sad that the corvette is still better and uses a raw single cam pushrod V8...meanwhile the mustang needs 2 cams and supercharger and still comes up short!

sorry i just needed to rant a lil haha

Comment

From the local dyno shop, they said that they see 260 RWHP on average from a stick.
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Wow hats pretty low. I feel pretty good then.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                  From the local dyno shop, they said that they see 260 RWHP on average from a stick.
                  Where do these mudstain guys find the nerve to talk?

Comment

Originally posted by 86FireBird
                    Where do these mudstain guys find the nerve to talk?
                    maybe it's from the gearing... up to 60 they feel like they'll take on the world. As most drivers don't usually us e the entire rpm range, they have nothing to compare to in the higher rpm, or any performance driving in the ranges above 60 ifor that matter, so they base all they knowon this one little range

Ignorance is bliss I guess

...on the flip side, you can't really blame someone who spent vast amount of their time & personal income, to take pride in what they own...
                    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                    pics and info

Comment

Mustangs offer good real world, everyday bang-4-buck thrill; hi rpms rarely see that environment. That's why the SHO Taurus stick with the Yamaha motor died...

Before I bought my 3800, I had a Lincoln MkVIII with the InTech DOHC alum Teksid block, a 1993. Wonderful motor, but why FOMOCO couldnt build from that starting point and deliver more RWHP can only be economics, and focus on their core profit platform, the F150, I reckon...
                      Mike, So. MD, USA
                      1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                        maybe it's from the gearing... up to 60 they feel like they'll take on the world. As most drivers don't usually us e the entire rpm range, they have nothing to compare to in the higher rpm, or any performance driving in the ranges above 60 ifor that matter, so they base all they knowon this one little range

Ignorance is bliss I guess

...on the flip side, you can't really blame someone who spent vast amount of their time & personal income, to take pride in what they own...
                        Thats a really good point gearing wise but even when you try to discuss stock numbers they just wont hear it.

Comment

Just from experience, my friends 3.8 Camaro with a host of mods walks Mustangs all the time, even the new ones. It's pretty sad...but hey, they deserved to get walked on talking crap.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                            Just from experience, my friends 3.8 Camaro with a host of mods walks Mustangs all the time, even the new ones. It's pretty sad...but hey, they deserved to get walked on talking crap.

Yeah I dont know what it is, But Mustang guys think its all about making tons of HP and their cars faster than anything. Its the strangest thing. Iono.

Yeah I know what you mean Chris. When I had my 1.5l SOHC 4 door Honda, I would pull on GT's with ease. And we are talking about a 102hp Motor Stock. Yeah It was cam'ed but Still thats a POS Engine. I had less than $1000 in that car including suspension and everything yet the GT boys couldnt do anything. Its sad.
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                              Yeah I dont know what it is, But Mustang guys think its all about making tons of HP and their cars faster than anything. Its the strangest thing. Iono.
                              They don't understand about area under the curve either. Their smaller motors will never produce as much midrange torque as a 350, yet they won't believe it. It's plain and simple...an LT1/LS1 400 RWHP will walk a "peaky" 425 RWHP Mustang that has nothing below 4500 RPM.
                              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
                              X