fate has struck da wolfdogs man..the gto is gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fate has struck da wolfdogs man..the gto is gone

so i show up at me dealer.....now keep in mind..ive been ordering cars and buying from this dealer since 1994... Trans Am GT, 97 Comp Ta, 97 Firehawk, 2003 Envoy, 2004 Envoy, 2005 GTO........ they know me very well.....i hang out in the shop when "im not allowed"..LOL...

so today..when i showed up to just look and drive this 2007 solstice gxp with 300 miles on it..its was just sitting on the lot..........

fkin sales manager......LOL.... what was parked in front of the showroom? a 2008 Solstice GXP..BLACK!.....with : chrome 18" wheels..... full leather interior with red stitching..upgraded monsoon stereo with 6 disc changer, rear spoiler, racing pedals..................it had 2 miles on it. It came off the truck the night before.... the sales manager had ordered it that way..............knowing a "few" of his perf car customers pref's..... me being one. the plastic was still on it...no front tag bracket...it had not been touched by the dealer new car folks at all.....

"Ken.......the salesman said......"i had nothing to do with this... you know who thought you might want to drive this one......so where should we take it..want to go out on the highway?"............i looked at this car and felt my blood pressure go thru the roof.......shit............

i said..."no......... anymore... im looking for fun and sun..... i want some twisties.... so we dropped the top...(poor buzz..it was hot as shit...and we were sweating....but not as bad as when we returned...hahahaha)...

off we went........... i didnt want to dog her too bad...after all...she's so virgin..so i kept the revs no higher than 4 but wound them out slowly between shifts..backed off and let oil bathe the valves...... but Holy Chit!!!!!!!!!!!! this thing is on rails!!!!!!! by time i put 28 miles on the backroads with it.....i was grinning from ear to ear......poor Buzz was white in the face!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha he said "where did you learn to drive like that.. i'd be in so much trouble letting you do that if we got caught..."....LOL i had more fun driving this car little pup than i have had driving a car since i was out at the test site doing blow out stuff in roadsters..... this car rocks when it comes to butt-fun-grins........ and its got balls....when you want it to hit..there is a slight turbo lag...not much...but zo0ooooooooom!

Something hit me........ when we got back.. i told him to run me some numbers..using my goat as a trade in....and they know its like brand new... its flawless...and they know i know the game......

while they did that..i went over the car with a fine tooth comb. all the body pannels and hood and everything lined up....... everything closed and opend with ease. there was not one mark on the car. orange peel was nill, the paint was flawless........ the engine and compents where flawless........ this car had my name on it folks........

buzz came back... not only did they give me plenty for the gto..way over pay off........when it was said and done...they waived the kicker fee on the solstice (they can add that they are selling like hot cakes...) and i dropped my car payments 65 bucks a month!!!!!!!!! LOL

so ............ i bought it. they left all the plastic on it and everything as they know i would do the detailing... we checked the oil and vitals, they filled it up...and i drove her home......

never got to the gym, spent all afternoon till dark zainoing. clayed her, then two coats of z5pro with zfx and z8...z10 leather preserve the whole interior, z16 rubber preserve all rubber and tires......

my wife cant wait to ride in it tomorrow night..........

hey.......i aint going nowhere off this forum unless you kick me out... to me..its the people..not the cars.......

history: my first rag top......my first non v8 sunny day drive.......in my life!!!!!!!!!!! but im thrilled to death! stereo is awesome...and i love the way it cradles you...... and the lookers........man.... neck twistin galore! (hell..i know they aint checking me out.......LOL)

i had to smile too... one of the service advisors was on the phone with her spouse and one salesman was too as i was leaving ......they want to buy it ...sales manager i know wont let that happen..he's going to recover his profit loss on this solstice with my goat to somebody...LOL

so.......tahhhhhhhhhh dahhhhhhhhhhh:

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Excellent choice mi amigo. I've been drooling over these, I even mentioned it when I was in Orlando......but the Saturn really has my attention.

What happened to the "no convertible for me"? LOL!

Comment

Try'n to be young again?
      1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Good for you Ken... You only live once and if that car makes you happy go for it... I happen to like the looks of the Sky a little better... Good luck with it...
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

conGrats, Ken!

they sure do grab the eye, that's for sure!
          Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

hey what they give ya for the goat? and were is it!! lol lol nice car man

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
            2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

I like the solstice. I like the Sky a little better but neither are really cars I see myself owning. If a friend had one, sure I'd cruise it around a bit if he/she offered it up. I'm sure it's fun. It's just too little for me. I prefer a larger, more substancial car like your GTO, a F-body, Corvette or even a Mustang. The Solstice and Sky are more like a Mazda Miata or a Honda Del Sol. It's sort of a metrosexual guy or a chick's car. I've seen a few around town, but not one driven by a man yet. I don't mean at all to sound insulting. I'm just sayin...

I can't envision seeing that car pull up at a gym, expecting to see some hot babe driving it but instead seeing Ken, looking like a professional wrestler. The image just doesn't fit. Sorry.

As long as you like it!
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

There's an 800HP Solstice on the cover of the Sep/Oct 07 issue of Pontiac Enthusiast. It was making close to 1,000HP but they didn't like the street manners, so they backed it down. Blown 428ci LSx.......
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Ken, if there's one thing above all that needs to be said about you, it's that you have damn good taste in cars
                  Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                  SOLD- Kinda miss it
                  94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                  SOLD- Good riddance!
                  2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

thanks yall.. i tell ya... this car cuts a grin in the twisties like you wont believe!

the Sky is a very nice looking sister for sure..but i have the most awesome dealership relationship i could ask for...and that means alot... i got the price..and i get service like i was Saprano.......LOL....and me and the "Chief" go way back........ so Poncho I am....... more to come for sure! hey..this stereo is awesome too.... hheeee heee

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                      There's an 800HP Solstice on the cover of the Sep/Oct 07 issue of Pontiac Enthusiast. It was making close to 1,000HP but they didn't like the street manners, so they backed it down. Blown 428ci LSx.......
                      k&n drop in and maybe an aftermarket exhaust...... thats it for me Fred...and `1,000 coats of zaino.......LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                        Ken, if there's one thing above all that needs to be said about you, it's that you have damn good taste in cars
                        thanks broh!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                          Excellent choice mi amigo. I've been drooling over these, I even mentioned it when I was in Orlando......but the Saturn really has my attention.

What happened to the "no convertible for me"? LOL!
                          guess i wanted to increase my tan for once............ should be fun!...a vert!

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian
                            conGrats, Ken!

they sure do grab the eye, that's for sure!
                            thanks mark...... with the rescue ...cant afford a vet..but this is a baby one..so ill do with it! and love it!

Comment

Congrats...i love those cars....hows the interior space?

Comment

Working...
                              X