Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

automatic to manual automatic conversion...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steel2686
    The reason for paddle shifters started in F1. The driver doesn't have to pull his hands off the wheel for any reason. Ferrari took their F1 technology and applied it to their road cars. They have it so perfected, even the fastest person able to shift with a clutch/floor shifter can't come close to the quick shifts of the paddle.

That is a manual, however.

My car has a slight delay... Maybe 2/10 of a second. Barely noticeable, but going from a stick to that, you'd probably feel it for a few shifts. I love having it, for the very reasons Jeff mentioned... Engine breaking. I live at the bottom of a hill. I go into 2nd everytime I go home as soon as I hit my road.
    I hope you mean braking not breaking. Freudian slip. LOL
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
      .... to me for people to lazy to put their clutch pedal down.
      Spoken from someone who drive an automatic. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        Spoken from someone who drive an automatic. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
        Diddly noted...but I didn't want an auto. Just couldn't find one in a manual. Atlanta's market doesn't call for sticks!

I remember selling those Vettes...out of 18 Vettes, only one was a 6 speed...and it was a base. Nothing else. If I had the money or will power, I've be swapping out the 4L60E for a T56.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Diddly noted...but I didn't want an auto. Just couldn't find one in a manual. Atlanta's market doesn't call for sticks!

I remember selling those Vettes...out of 18 Vettes, only one was a 6 speed...and it was a base. Nothing else. If I had the money or will power, I've be swapping out the 4L60E for a T56.
          No kidding. The traffic here sucks and it's getting worse. They are going to have to double stack the down town connector and I285 from I85 to I20. There is no room to grow.

I was just thinking that a selectable automatic might be a pretty good compromise considering the traffic around here. Also my wife won't drive a stick shift so we never take my car to the mountains. She gets sick being a passanger in the mountains and I like taking pictures anyway.

Comment

I hope you mean braking not breaking. Freudian slip. LOL
            Oops!

I'm just glad you didn't go with a VTEC joke. Cause, man... I made it real easy.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

No kidding. The traffic here sucks and it's getting worse. They are going to have to double stack the down town connector and I285 from I85 to I20. There is no room to grow.

I was just thinking that a selectable automatic might be a pretty good compromise considering the traffic around here. Also my wife won't drive a stick shift so we never take my car to the mountains. She gets sick being a passanger in the mountains and I like taking pictures anyway.
              I can go for some mountain views right about now...

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I can go for some mountain views right about now...
                As long as it's cooler. Geez

Comment

As long as it's cooler. Geez
                  I should have added autumn into that picture. With golden leaves and crisp air and stal clear skies...seriously.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Just got back from the mountains. We drove to Ashville and took the Blue Ridge parkway north to the end in Waynesboro Virginia.

Anyway I just ran accross this http://www.retrotekspeed.com/product...art-shift.html

Comment

My stratus has it, it's essentially a gear selector, as does my girlfriend's jeep. "sport tronic" "tiptronic" and what else its called just sounds like marketing to me.
                      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
                      X