The latest act of celebrity stupidity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest act of celebrity stupidity

here's why you don't play around on the street, folks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070827/...ogan_son_crash

How did I know it was a matter of time before that kid crashed that Supra. To much car, Not enough experience.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

But he has a drifting license <rolling eyes>. How nice for me and my neighbors that the idiot, once again, lives in the same town I do. I know the street they were racing on very well and it's the absolute last place to race. But, from what I've heard of the local news reports, him and his buddy in a Viper were pretty much racing across two counties all day. Hopefully they'll move back to Miami soon.
      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

The Car is Totalled poor Supra
        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Wonder if any charges are gonna be pressed? Man...kids now and days. 16 years old!? Are you kidding me!? He should've been in a Kia Sepia!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

didnt they have an episode on hogan knows best where they tryed to scare him out of driving like an a*****e.
            proof that words mean nothin to over privileged kids like that

Comment

Well i got my formula when i was 16 im 18 now but that nothing compaired to a Twin turbo Supra With Mods at 17. but im not dumb i don't go fast through town. Some dude last night was going 73 in 45 through end of town on his crouch-rocket harley cop got him was hilarious could of took him to jail what cop said
              1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

I've known a number of people who've smacked up their Mustangs and F-bodies who weren't over privileged or rich. You don't have to be driving an exotic sports car to screw up. He was probably driving like a putz, but he's not doing something that most of us haven't done ourselves. Everyone likes to point fingers, call names and make fun of people who lose control of their car while their driving and these are the same people who would respond with "nice kill" if the guy had just beaten a Mustang on the street rather than wreck up their car. I've read plenty of street racing stories on this board, people discussing their younger, more reckless days and such, so I don't think anyone has a right to call this guy an idiot. One day, most of us (who don't already have them) will have kids and will be lecturing them on why they should save racing for the track and so on, meanwhile we'll all be thinking in the backs of our heads about how much fun we had drag racing from light to light, maybe racing on the parkway, doing doughnuts and things of that nature. It's a joke, if not an absolute slap in the face, for baby boomers who grew up in the muscle car era to point fingers at us younger guys. I'd love to see what they've done themselves. This is in cars from the 60's and 70's which probably can't match most of the modern cars when it comes to braking and handling. It's still very dangerous today, but not as dangerous as it was years ago. It never fails to impress me how my father can tell me, with a great deal of joy in his voice, what he used to do in the two Challengers he's owned, then in the same breath proceed to lecture me on how dangerous it is to drive fast. Then our parents wonder why we roll our eyes at them or look at them like they have 8 heads. I remember someone on this board saying something along the lines of, "If they pull up next to me at a light, I don't care if they're in a rocket ship. I'll race them."

I very rarely do any form of spirited driving in my car and I could count the number of times I've gone over 80MPH on one hand, but I won't lie to anyone. I do occasionally open up the throttle. I have a hell of a time doing it too. I save it for when I'm alone on an empty road late at night, but I could still end up eating a tree on the parkway if I lost control. I won't directly injure anyone if I'm driving along, but my family, friends and girlfriend would all be crushed if something ever happened to me. I won't lie to them and I won't lie to myself though, I know for a fact that I'll do it again. If I screw up and lose control, I know that I have no one to blame but myself. However, if I live to talk about it, I'll be damned if I'm going to sit there and be mocked or lectured by people who either do the same thing, or have done the same thing that I screwed up doing and simply did it without crashing.
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                  I've known a number of people who've smacked up their Mustangs and F-bodies who weren't over privileged or rich. You don't have to be driving an exotic sports car to screw up. He was probably driving like a putz, but he's not doing something that most of us haven't done ourselves. Everyone likes to point fingers, call names and make fun of people who lose control of their car while their driving and these are the same people who would respond with "nice kill" if the guy had just beaten a Mustang on the street rather than wreck up their car. I've read plenty of street racing stories on this board, people discussing their younger, more reckless days and such, so I don't think anyone has a right to call this guy an idiot. One day, most of us (who don't already have them) will have kids and will be lecturing them on why they should save racing for the track and so on, meanwhile we'll all be thinking in the backs of our heads about how much fun we had drag racing from light to light, maybe racing on the parkway, doing doughnuts and things of that nature. It's a joke, if not an absolute slap in the face, for baby boomers who grew up in the muscle car era to point fingers at us younger guys. I'd love to see what they've done themselves. This is in cars from the 60's and 70's which probably can't match most of the modern cars when it comes to braking and handling. It's still very dangerous today, but not as dangerous as it was years ago. It never fails to impress me how my father can tell me, with a great deal of joy in his voice, what he used to do in the two Challengers he's owned, then in the same breath proceed to lecture me on how dangerous it is to drive fast. Then our parents wonder why we roll our eyes at them or look at them like they have 8 heads. I remember someone on this board saying something along the lines of, "If they pull up next to me at a light, I don't care if they're in a rocket ship. I'll race them."

I very rarely do any form of spirited driving in my car and I could count the number of times I've gone over 80MPH on one hand, but I won't lie to anyone. I do occasionally open up the throttle. I have a hell of a time doing it too. I save it for when I'm alone on an empty road late at night, but I could still end up eating a tree on the parkway if I lost control. I won't directly injure anyone if I'm driving along, but my family, friends and girlfriend would all be crushed if something ever happened to me. I won't lie to them and I won't lie to myself though, I know for a fact that I'll do it again. If I screw up and lose control, I know that I have no one to blame but myself. However, if I live to talk about it, I'll be damned if I'm going to sit there and be mocked or lectured by people who either do the same thing, or have done the same thing that I screwed up doing and simply did it without crashing.

That's where I feel you are wrong. The kid is an idiot. We are entitled to call him an idiot, many of us have already done the same stupidity and openly admoitted the same stupidity....... That is why we reserve the right to enter him into the stupidity club. A 17 years old that drives a over powered supra at racing speeds down a crowded highway while racing a viper is a moron. Period. If someone that does those actions cannot handle being called a moron, that's just too bad.

Besides, you missed the point. The moron was endangering the lives of others. Guess who suffered the most? His passenger. The moron driver already was released from the hospital while his buddy is still in ICU. If you had done the same thing, i would still call you a moron. Not because of what you were doing to yourself or your car, but the risk you were taking by playing with other people's lives.

You forget, some moron driver decided to play "keeper of the speed" and used his vehicle top block my pass attempt on a public highway. The result was a total loss of my WS6, constant pain and mental flashbacks, not to mention the anger part.

Comment

Here is a pic

Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                    pics and info

Comment

The speed limit in that area is 30mph, he was doing close to 90. Since April he had two tickets for excessive speed, one for doing 105 in a 70, another for doing to 82 in a 45. The last ticket was 3 weeks ago.

His passenger is enlisted in the USMC and recently returned from Iraq. By the accounts of his Grandmother, he will probably have permantent brain damage if he survives.

Comment

I didn't see in the article that he was racing anything on a crowded highway. The only thing I saw in the article indicating what he was doing was this-

"A Toyota Supra driven by Hogan's 17-year-old son, Nick Bollea, was traveling at a high rate of speed at about 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Clearwater Police spokesman Wayne Shelor said. Bollea lost control and hit a raised median. The car flipped around, and the back end hit a palm tree."

After what everyone is telling me however, he definitely made a bad decision.
                        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                        SOLD- Kinda miss it
                        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                        SOLD- Good riddance!
                        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

He was driving at a high rate of speed down Court St. Court St. is in the middle of downtown Clearwater and the main route to Clearwater Beach. It's ALWAYS crowded and not exactly what I would call a highway.

Local New Story

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                            Here is a pic

Oh my goodness, that's insane!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Those pics of the Supra are a pretty harsh reality check, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X