Whats up with this weather!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with this weather!!

Man I used to love So. Cal b/c it never got extremely hot but these last few days have been insane. It was in the high 90's Friday. Saterday it was about 108, Sunday I was at Six Flags and it was well into the 110+ in the sun, Not to much fun but at least the lines were short. Yesterday it finally calmed down to a cool 103 in the shade. We have had the A/C on in the house stop and we cant manage to get the house under 78 degrees. From what I can remember this is the worst Summer we have had in years here. I think this is telling us something. I dont know but it sucks.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

It's been unseasonably hot around here also. I'm sick of the heat.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

That is why I went to the mountains this past weekend. It was between 60 and 72 most of the time.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Nice normal summer here. I think it got to 91* ONCE this summer . 70's with lows in the low 60's Downside is that here in Mid September we will be cooling off and be back into morning jacket weather
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

I think I'm almost used to 90+ weather...

Can't wait for that autumn air to come through...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

And on the flip side South Texas has had one of the mildest summers in recent history.

" June, July and August didn't produce a single 100-degree day, the hallmark of a Texas summer. In fact, San Antonio struggled to reach 95, the so-called average daily high for a typical Texas summer day. The mercury at International Airport topped 95 on just four days, Aug. 12-15."

LINK to the full article.

I'm not complaining!!!
            My DD
            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Been great here in CT. A cpuole heat waves here and there, but I'm looking forward to fall.

Nothing like autumn in New England. Nothing.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                Been great here in CT. A cpuole heat waves here and there, but I'm looking forward to fall.

Nothing like autumn in New England. Nothing.
                Nothing like New England winter either. Brrrrrrr
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                  Nothing like New England winter either. Brrrrrrr
                  Unfortunately... That's what follows a New England fall.

I'm "used to it" I suppose. I don't mind winter until February. Then I've had enough.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

The weather here it Pittsburgh has been the best the last two weeks. No humidity at all. But, the weeks before that many towns flooded due to constant heavy downpours.

That sucks man, I can't stand the heat.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

August here set records for the heat. Lots of 100+ days. I can't remember the last time we had rain. Every county is in a drought, water restrictions in effect.

At this point I'd actually look forward to a tropical storm...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

im enjoying the weather here, leave all the windows open all day and night. much easier to work in. i cant wait for the cooler air to come in, cuz then its gets mighty pretty around here now if i had a f-body to go do a leaf cruise id b all set
                        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I heard it was blazin out there this past weekend. That just means it is comin.... 90s and hazy tomorrow...(did I mention )
                          Greg W. in West Michigan
                          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                          <Motor out

Comment

And you all call me crazy for livin' in the Bay Area.... Nah, it was warm here too...but only into the 80's/low-90's. Hard to beat today's weather though. Have I mentioned I love the weather here?
                            Steve
                            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

From August 7th to August 29, it rained every day here. If it didn't rain in the morning, it rained at night and vice versa.

It was really depressing. You couldn't do anything outside and we didn't see the sun for almost a month.
                              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                              X