Health nuts Need Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health nuts Need Help!

Well I have been going through some crap with a now Ex girlfriend and Some what in the dump. I have been doing a lot of thinking and sometimes its not always a good thing, So I decided to better myself some how. I have decided to finally stick to a diet and follow through. Keeps me busy to stay away from thinking so much and betters me.

Im:
    21 years young
    About 198 lbs
    5'11"

Im no Fat-A by any means, and do have a lot of muscle (Max Bench 210).That was in high school. I was in football when I was able to do that and I weighed about 190. I went down in weight when I joined wrestling to about 160-155lbs. Im trying to get to about 160. What are the best methods to going about this safely. My first plan is to get back on about 6 SMALL meals a day. Take a lot of vitamins. Work out every day for at least 2-3 hours and cut down on drinking a lot. I have Hydroycut Hard-core. I used to take them and started seeing results within a week. The Side effects are kinda bad but as long as You drink a lot of water your kew (I was drinking 2-3 gallons a day). What foods should I stay away from. Should I cancel Dairy products completely? Any suggestions? Replace meals with slim-fast? I know I can do it but I want some suggestions as to going about this safely.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

I would recommend picking up the book "Body for Life" by Bill Philips.
    He is the founder of EAS and while I don't believe 10% of the claims he and other supplement manufacturers make about their products, I found that book to be very useful.

It's a very straight forward diet plan that focuses on 5-6 small meals a day and eating the correct foods. It also gives you 1 day a week to eat and drink WHATEVER YOU WANT. That gives you the flexibility to go out with friends or business contacts and not worry about "staying on your diet". I found that very useful.

One other concept I remind people about:
    Remember, when you gained weight you didn't go from 160 to 198 in a week. What makes you think you're going to lose that much weight that fast?

Myself, about 10 months ago I was kissing 240. This morning I stepped on the scale at 207.

Patience, setting and achieving small goals is the key.
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Thanks man. Im aware that it takes time. I used to be a health freak when I was in high school. Get up at 5am to run 2 miles. Go to school at 6am and work out in the weight room until 7:30 then go to class then work out from 3pm-6:30pm. But I got lazy after high school and 2-3 girlfriends and a lot of partying later here I am. The most weight I lost was about 40lbs in about 1.5 months doing all the things above. I know all about the work outs, im just curious about the meals. I was used to drinks mostly shakes and Crackers all day. And those fruit taffy things. The All natural ones not the candy.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
        I would recommend picking up the book "Body for Life" by Bill Philips.
        I recommend this book to everybody. Tons of info on everything you need to know about everything that has to do with your body and health.

160 is too thin bro, set a goal of 180 solid and you'll be tank. Try not to spend 2-3 hours working out. Get your workout done in 1-1.5 hours. 2 muscles/day, 3-4 exercises a piece, 3-4 sets/exercise.

And eat enough protein to Shit protein bars.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Nice Raro. Yeah 160 seems thin but I dont know. If I pull 165-170 that would be kew. My intention is not to put on muscle at all. Just tone up and loose the jiggle on ma belly . You know ha ha ha ha. Its just chubbiness.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

con, become a trash man i got ur stats now im 5'11, 201 lbs but no1 beleives me they all say im 170/180 must be the muscle from throwing the bags of trash haha. i started workin there 3 months ago and i weighed 215lbs, i lost 14lbs by just going to work be4 u eat those small meals drink some water be4 hand. yes i kno its like an old wifes tale but for me it tends to make me more fuller.
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
              con, become a trash man i got ur stats now im 5'11, 201 lbs but no1 beleives me they all say im 170/180 must be the muscle from throwing the bags of trash haha. i started workin there 3 months ago and i weighed 215lbs, i lost 14lbs by just going to work be4 u eat those small meals drink some water be4 hand. yes i kno its like an old wifes tale but for me it tends to make me more fuller.
              Ha ha h aha
              Nice

Yeah Im drinkinh Water stop all day. About 2 gallons of water a day.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

i heard u on that, everyday on my way to work i grab a couple gallon jugs of water, just cuz i kno ill sweat that out by days end. only bad part of being a trash man
                2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                  Nice Raro. Yeah 160 seems thin but I dont know. If I pull 165-170 that would be kew. My intention is not to put on muscle at all. Just tone up and loose the jiggle on ma belly . You know ha ha ha ha. Its just chubbiness.
                  I'd kill to be 160! I am 140 pounds and I'm 6'1''! I eat like crazy and never gain weight. My dad is the same way. Being lighter does have its upside tho, I'm the fastest guy on the ice during the game

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

I feel your pain. I'm a pretty solid 164lbs (probably under 10% bodyfat) but I can't gain weight. Even when I lifted heavily. I looked bigger, yet weighed the same.

Anyhow, I strongly suggest you take up boxing if you want to tone up. There's so much cardio involved, you'll have no choice but to shed weight.
                    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                    SOLD- Kinda miss it
                    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                    SOLD- Good riddance!
                    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                      Anyhow, I strongly suggest you take up boxing if you want to tone up. There's so much cardio involved, you'll have no choice but to shed weight.
                      +1
                      Any kind of boxing/mixed martial arts would do great for toning and getting into shape. Not to mention it'll make the honeys come to you... Plus with all that free time, it just might be a hobby you would get into.

I am looking into it to get back into shape...I am 6'2'', 195lbs...Lookin for a solid 180.
                      Greg W. in West Michigan
                      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                      <Motor out

Comment

Ha ha haa. Yeah well I started today. Im going to start taking Protein as well as Hydroxycut. Not Extreme b/c the side effects are pretty bad. Man you heart pump to hard. Starting with 5 solid meals and One shake meal. My weight going up and down very easy. I weighed myself and im at just shy of 200lbs. I worked out for about 2 hours. Cardio for 15 minutes and a little light weight lifting then some more cardio and then a little more light lifting. then some more cardio and then a little more light weight lifting. Then ended it with about 1 mile of running and then 15 minutes in the Hot room. I feel good so thats kew.
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

2-3 hrs a workout! that may be over doing it a little. even most of your prof. bodybuilders dont work out that much a 1 time. usually around 45min to hr. if you bust ur a$$ u can get a little cardio just lifting. 2-3hrs would be over training. just my 2 pennies

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Of actual working out it equals out to about 1 hour. There is rest sessions and Water breaks. Like I said Its Cardio 3 times in 15 minute sessions and light weight lifting in 6-10 minute sessions 2-3 times in between the cardio. Its not overwhelming.
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                            X