Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Accident!

URG! I'm so angry!

I was on Highway 78 this morning and crusing on the merge lane to get on 285 North when this Lumina cut in front of me. This happens a lot on 78...everyone waits to the last minute to get over. Anyways, the car in front of him hits their brakes, he hits his and I hit mine, but it's too late; when he cut in, he reduce my 5-6 cars lengths into 1 and...well, I knew I would plow into the guy so I pull off on to the shoulder and felt my rear come out, I correct it but didn't have enough room (I had to stay off the grass so I would spin into a tree or something) to hold the lane and wham. I tapped the guy on the door on the pasenger door with my driver front bumper/fender. I get out and the first thing the guy said is..."MY BACK!" I'm like dude I hit you on the door and it was a tap! He's gonna try to get me for everything I got...loser.

AH!!! The damage is kept to a minimum...some misalighnments, stress cracks and scuffs.

I guess better time now than ever to get the front end redone.

I should rejoice it wasn't worse than it was...I'm glad everyone is okay. Just angry I got cited for "failure to maintain lane".

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Originally posted by Christopherrr
    URG! I'm so angry!

I was on Highway 78 this morning and crusing on the merge lane to get on 285 North when this Lumina cut in front of me. This happens a lot on 78...everyone waits to the last minute to get over. Anyways, the car in front of him hits their brakes, he hits his and I hit mine, but it's too late; when he cut in, he reduce my 5-6 cars lengths into 1 and...well, I knew I would plow into the guy so I pull off on to the shoulder and felt my rear come out, I correct it but didn't have enough room (I had to stay off the grass so I would spin into a tree or something) to hold the lane and wham. I tapped the guy on the door on the pasenger door with my driver front bumper/fender. I get out and the first thing the guy said is..."MY BACK!" I'm like dude I hit you on the door and it was a tap! He's gonna try to get me for everything I got...loser.

AH!!! The damage is kept to a minimum...some misalighnments, stress cracks and scuffs.

I should rejoice it wasn't worse than it was...I'm glad everyone is okay. Just angry I got cited for "failure to maintain lane".
    That's a stupid ticket. So it would have been better to stay in yours and total both cars? The same thing happened to a friend of mine and he got charged for following to closely. The cop new what had happened and said he was sorry that he had to give that ticket but that is what the law said. I think the moral of the story is you should pull an Earnhart and do a pit on them so it's their fault. Don't you know that that guy does that same thing every day. Their is a place on 141 south below Holcomb bridge where the same thing happens. I had a guy ride beside me in the emergency lane for about 100 yards until he finally let off and went behind me. Hey buddy you wouldn't cut in front of someone at a fast food restaurant so why does being in the car suddenly make you better than everyone else and you think it is OK to cut in line. Rude SOBs. All of them.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
      The cop new what had happened and said he was sorry that he had to give that ticket but that is what the law said.
      That's what the cop said to me! I'm not the one to argue but I looked at him for a second perplexed...are you serious? Whatever...just pay and move on. I guess DeKalb needs the money.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Any Pictures?
        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Sure...had to take pics with camara phone. Nothing to look at really...just the cracks on the fender.
          Attached Files

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

That sucks. I had a menace to society and her ambulance chasing lawyer trying to pull that "I'm injured" crap on me a while back. If she wasn't an idiot driver I wouldn't have hit her in the first place, but of course I hit her in the rear so it's automatically my fault. Funny thing, I followed her for a few blocks witnessing her crappy driving skills and when we got to the intersection that little voice in my head said "just go right and go around the block". One of these days I'll stop ignoring that voice.

Good luck, I hope everything turns out ok.
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

I get out and the first thing the guy said is..."MY BACK!" I'm like dude I hit you on the door and it was a tap! He's gonna try to get me for everything I got...loser.
              In minor traffic accidents like that, always stay in your car after the accident. Never get out and walk around and inspect damage because the other person who was involved sees that you're fine and can pull a fast one on you just like that. Let them come to you. Always wait for the cops/paramedics to show up first and if you have any injuries report it them, not to the other driver.

In your case, the second that a$$hole said "MY BACK!", I would of immedietly grabbed my neck and said "MY NECK!".

Again, I said minor traffic accidents.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

URG! I'm so angry!

ur screwed,I barley rear ended a lady couple years back,sued my insurance for 10,000,and messed up my record for years,
                2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                  In minor traffic accidents like that, always stay in your car after the accident. Never get out and walk around and inspect damage because the other person who was involved sees that you're fine and can pull a fast one on you just like that. Let them come to you. Always wait for the cops/paramedics to show up first and if you have any injuries report it them, not to the other driver.

In your case, the second that a$$hole said "MY BACK!", I would of immedietly grabbed my neck and said "MY NECK!".

Again, I said minor traffic accidents.
                  I forgot to mention that DeKalb County Police took almost 2 hours to show. The accident happened at 9:15 am when I first called it in. After two more calls the finally showed at 10:52 am.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

That sucks man and I hope everything ends up going your way. Back in May I rear ended a black toyota coupe after she pulled out to turn on to a street. She pulled out and stopped in the middle of the road while I kept moving looking in another direction for traffic. Since I was looking the other way I hit her stupid a$$ sitting in the middle of the road. Her car was crap and we went our serparate ways. We traded paint and I cracked the fiberglass for about 4 inches (which still needs a but of TLC). Just be happy that things didn't end up worse. Best luck for what lies ahead. BTW, how much was the fine?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

fight the ticket, dont take any deal bring it to court that and tell the judge how u avoiding totallin 2 cars and causin a mess
                      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                        BTW, how much was the fine?
                        Won't know for at least 5 days...not in the system yet. Betting it's $150-$200 bucks. DeKalb is notorious for hitting big fines.

Originally posted by Trash man
                        fight the ticket, dont take any deal bring it to court that and tell the judge how u avoiding totallin 2 cars and causin a mess
                        I never fought a ticket before...won't their be fees and stuff assested if I don't win? I should get a copy of the cop's report and see if anything favors me. I think this is crap...

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

You have to feel lucky that it wasn't worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            You have to feel lucky that it wasn't worse.
                            Honestly Joe...I really do. After getting out of the car, I had pictures of your mishap flash in my mind. Thought it was strange that I was thinking about you. LOL! But indeed, it could have been a lot worse. Like seriously bad.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

There are some legalities as to whether a lane change is legal or not. I'm not sure what they are but he might be in violation of them which caused your accident.
                              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                              X