• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "5th Gear" tests the Z06

Quite a ride if I do say so myself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfma32dHjtE
    2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Speed is addictive indeed.

I tell you what I'd do that in a heart beat, if there were no strings attached, like potholes @ 180 mph, can't brake in time, loss of income, years of surgery etc.
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

Top Gear (5th Gear's sister show) also tested the Z06. Thet equally liked it, except on the road.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Looks kinda slow to me.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
          Looks kinda slow to me.
          werd to yer meemaw.
          Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

saw that a while back..says it all about that car and engine. it just a dream for me....i would love to have one someday

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I hate how he bashes Americans...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                I hate how he bashes Americans...
                BINGO, that's why I seldom open up any video that is from this guy. His attitude towards Americans is symbolic of how their country feels about us.
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                  BINGO, that's why I seldom open up any video that is from this guy. His attitude towards Americans is symbolic of how their country feels about us.
                  Let me revise my statement...I hate how he bashes "us". I was quite angry watching it...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I agree about the bashing of American Cars. And they also need to be reminded their are no British manufacturers anymore either. All of their storied nameplates are either out of business or owned by American, German, or Japanese companies. And when they did build their own cars most of what they made was pure junk. I know because I owned a few. So much for British know how.

But I have also never seen any road tests by Americans that are quite like the ones that the Brits do. The closest we come.........and it ain't even close..........is the "Test Ride" program on the Speed Channel woth Tommy Kendall. So I'll put up with their verbal crap just to see the type of driving and testing they do.
                    2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

I think there's some jealousy on their part - When I was over there a couple times, I kinda felt sorry for them. Most of them drive really small, unexciting cars, the roads are small, a lot of the houses and yards are small, gas and everything else is expensive - about 1.5x what we pay or more. Not many of them will ever own something like a Firebird/Camaro, let alone a Corvette and lot of us have more than one car, so we're pretty fortunate over here. Not that's an excuse for their sometimes bad manners and smug attitudes.

Comment

it's all good...we yanks can bash on some pompous limy twits too, guv'nuh.

get over it, the sun has set on your empire, beeyattch!

edit: yes, I'm talking to the queen.
                        Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                          I think there's some jealousy on their part - When I was over there a couple times, I kinda felt sorry for them. Most of them drive really small, unexciting cars, the roads are small, a lot of the houses and yards are small, gas and everything else is expensive - about 1.5x what we pay or more. Not many of them will ever own something like a Firebird/Camaro, let alone a Corvette and lot of us have more than one car, so we're pretty fortunate over here. Not that's an excuse for their sometimes bad manners and smug attitudes.
                          so true .
                          93 t/a A4 3.23s
                          95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                          99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                          99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                          97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                          93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                          00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Working...
                          X