X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• u might get a kick outta this thread. i kinda got fed up

http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread....66#post3108366

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

I hate people who feel just because a car isn't big and mean looking with either a boosted 6 cylinder or an 8 cylinder motor in it, it's for women/ gay men. I personally like Mazda Miatas, but I'd never buy one because of all the B.S. that comes along with it. I'd rather have your car, but I'd love to have a turbo Miata. Everyone tells me they're "gay" and that only women should drive them, same with the S2000, same with the Sky and the same with the Solstice. I have a Trans Am. There aren't many cars out there which are as "masculine" as the Trans Am. However, if I pull up next to a 2,300lb roadster and they keep up with me off the line, how do you make fun of that? "Haha, that homo's 4 cylinder sissy car just kept up with my V8 muscle car". I don't think so. I enjoyed your post...plus you definitely gave your period key a workout. I counted about 107 ellipses lol.

It's good to see that you're open minded, even after owning so many muscle cars throughout your life. I definitely envy you. If you ever want to get back into an LT1 F-body, I'll gladly trade cars with you I love the styling of that car. It stands out in a crowd and not in a bad way.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

^^^ i have feeling its mosty inexperienced youg guys and old set in their way dudes that feel that way. there are some super folks on that forum..the majority of the gto crowd are real good people... ladies included.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

I read thru a couple of pages of that thread and you have an awfull lot of supporters over there Ken. The dissenters are generally close minded and don't really matter.

Just like you, I can and do appreciate all kinds of cars and I have owned just about every type out there including two MGA Sports Cars, two Corvettes, as well as a variety of Chevy and Mopar muscle cars and now my current Camaro which I really love. Everyone of the cars I ever owned I bought for a different reason whether it was handling, power, style, or whatever. That's the way it is for a true enthusiast and that's the only thing that matters. If others can't understand that, then that's just too bad.....for them.
        2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

I always say that the person who writes the check is the only person's opinion that really matters.

But I agree mi amigo. Drove one, hated to take it back. Much better road car than the GTO. The thing goes where you point it, not wiggle around until it finds a groove.

But then again..........It would be a scream with another 100 HP.

Wait until the Fiero gets it's powertrain swap. A Supercharged 3800 courtesy of a Grand Prix GTP should move it around nicely.

Comment

Ken you have to learn that's going to happen.

I remember the same thing happened here when you first got that GTO. I thought it was boring with no appeal whatsoever, and a lot of guys agreed with me, and you always got offended.

It's your car, the only person that has to like it is you. If you post about all the things you love about it, people are going to post all the things they don't like about it. Seems like that would be the fact that it is a "girly car."

I kinda agree with the one guy, you are a little insecure with your car and you feel the need to talk about how great it is and try to defend the aspects of it that other people don't like. If you like it that's all that matters.

Who really cares?
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Ken, I sincerely hope I didn't offend you kidding you about getting a "chick car."

It truly was meant in good humor, and I meant no disrespect...ever.

The link you posted showed a lot of good comments too.
              Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian
                Ken, I sincerely hope I didn't offend you kidding you about getting a "chick car."

Ditto. You should have heard what Mary said when I talked to her last (In the big thread of his, but I don;t think he thought it was from Mary ) .

I think the problem with the dissenters is there thick headed closed-minds. The only thing that will cure that is experience, no other way I'm afraid , then again that guy is from Pittsburgh .
                Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                pics and info

Comment

Very well said Ken. Just because your new baby isn’t an fbod or GTO doesn’t mean it’s girly at all. The haters are, well, just ignorant. Like I said in other posts here, I’m going to take a good look at the GXP G8. Some may call it a family car, is there something wrong with a rocket powered family car? Sorry guys I refuse to buy an SUV no matter what the power plant. If anyone has ever tried to haul 4 people and a cooler of beer in their f-body for more than 10 miles they know the back seat passengers will need chiropractic care when they reach their destination and you will be repainting the rear bumper from it scraping the road. Quite frankly if you strapped a rocket to your butt and went 0-60 in .5 seconds, there would be someone that would say,”yea, but what kind of gas mileage do you get?” Just ignore them pal, nice acquisition.
                  Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

I took a lot of flak from a couple of my friends when I sold the T/A to buy an Acura TL.

Overall, I'm much happier. They are two different cars all together, but the Acura is tighter and is far more comfortable. The T/A was just a beast (which I miss).

Point is, haters are everywhere, Ken. One of my closest friends tried to throw the "American Car" thing in my face. He owns a Camaro, his wife an '06 Saturn Vue. I pointed out his car was built in Canada and mine in Ohio. He shrugged it off. Then I told him to pop the hood on his wife's Vue. Low and behold, a Honda 3.5 VTEC.

He's not so much of a hater anymore.

Moral of the story? Education usually changes perception.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

don't worry about what other people say, most people that talk crap are jealous of what you have. i see alot of people say the same thing about the hayabusa. somebody will say "hey look at my new hayabusa" and then they'll get a bunch of people saying "oh that's a death trap, you'll just kill yourself". yet those same very people would go out and buy one, if they could actually afford it.
                      87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

"I always say that the person who writes the check is the only person's opinion that really matters." Joe

That pretty much says it all right there, IMO

Comment

I drive anything I want regardless of what people think. Heck, I actually bought an Aztek and I still have it for use as a family vehicle. I hear tell it's ugly, in fact I hear it a lot, but I actually enjoy driving a vehicle that get's people stirred up. It's more enjoyable for me than just having in a cookie-cutter sedan, minivan, or SUV that everyone ignores.

A lot of guys around here (Southeast Michigan) will not buy any car. ANY. They need a truck of some type to project their manlyness, and will not consider anything else, regardless of whether they use the truck for truck type purposes or not. Sad.

I would drive any 2 seat roadster sports car in a heart beat, no matter what anybody says. If the majority of people don't like it too bad, just remember the majority of people are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian

naah..ur different man...LOL...i know you!!!!!!!!!! and you have a roadster too.......... oh......dern...a chick car..you have a chick car!.............

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                              naah..ur different man...LOL...i know you!!!!!!!!!! and you have a roadster too.......... oh......dern...a chick car..you have a chick car!.............
                              hey now! the only girly 'vettes are the A6 'verts.

<----------- disses on the slushbox autotragics now that he's driven stick for a year.
                              Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Working...
                              X