Trade-In for an LS2 GTO???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade-In for an LS2 GTO???

This is just an idea, but the '05 or '06 GTO's really catch my eyes. I've read reviews that they are really well built cars, and they have a ton of power. I'm doing alot more commuting now that i'm in college so i'm looking for something more reliable, but i still need the V-8. That's why i was thinking about the new GTO's. If i were to trade in my Trans Am for a used '05 or '06 GTO how much would i have to pay????
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Your not going to get much for your T/A. Your better off selling it on the street then use that as a down. The GTO's are the alternative to a Vette and much cheaper. You get the same engine, 4 seats and Independent rear suspension. They are awesome cars. Its going to take a lot of work to get your T/A that fast so Iono. Its your call.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I'm just dreaming. I know i could only get about 7k for mine. Subtract that from like 25k. Yeaaaaaaaaa there is no way! But i think they are really sweet cars and i actually think they're pretty good lookin'. Maybe a few years down the road....or i could just put that $ into mine.
      1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

wholesale trade...you probably see 4-6K for a mint, accident free car like yours...I would definately try to sell privately.

and retail for a LS2 GTO is mid twenties...you could grab a LS1 GTO for high teens, low twentie with good miles.

If you're down for a $400ish payment with a trade (with a good interest rate)...go for it! They are mad comfortable compared to TAs and built very well...ask Ken.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by RICEATER94Bird
          I'm just dreaming. I know i could only get about 7k for mine.
          Your lucky if they offer you $4-5k (b/c of mods even less, they have to auction it no matter what). As Chris said, In mint condition. Believe me the trade in value at a dealer is horrible. Worked at a Chevy dealer for 4 years, and we would get sick deals on trade ins all the time. Dirty Cheap.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I meant i could get about 7k for mine if i sold it privately. But yeaaa the trade in values are a bunch of b.s. I think you should be able to trade in and get the same price as it is worth. So if i traded mine in, the payments would be 400/month plus insurance?? hmmmmmmmmm...maybe i could find a way.

Comment

A good rule of thumb is for every $20k u finance its about $300/month.
              Say you find one for $23k. After Tax, Licence and Fees your looking at around $25-27. Thats considering you have good credit and an interest rate Under 10% APR. I have seen people that have averge credit and buy a car thats about $25 sticker and walk out paying about $34k b/c they get like a 15-20% APR. Your credit will make, or break you when It comes to financing a car. Just remember that they raise the price on used cars by at least $5k. So you can work them down pretty well. On new cars Its even worse. Our Tahoe Was sticker at $42k. We walked out the door after all Tax, Licnece and fees right under $36k with a payment of $500/month with $10k down on a 4 year contract I believe. Its a game, play it well and you should be good.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by RICEATER94Bird
                This is just an idea, but the '05 or '06 GTO's really catch my eyes. I've read reviews that they are really well built cars, and they have a ton of power. I'm doing alot more commuting now that i'm in college so i'm looking for something more reliable, but i still need the V-8. That's why i was thinking about the new GTO's. If i were to trade in my Trans Am for a used '05 or '06 GTO how much would i have to pay????
                Just wait for new camaro it looks Sweet!!!
                1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Working...
                X