Scary...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary...

A local student was trapped in his car for 8 days until he was able to drag himself out. He was only about 50 feet from the road and nobody noticed him. The Police did an aerial search after dark for about an hour and a half, but didn't see the car. That's scary....it makes a good case for spending the money on Onstar, even though I think it's a bit pricey.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Don't mean to sound like a smart a$$ but wouldn't an aerial search been more effective during the day? Yanno with it being DARK and all
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
      Don't mean to sound like a smart a$$ but wouldn't an aerial search been more effective during the day? Yanno with it being DARK and all
      Even at night you could use helicopter flare and see his body heat in the car
      1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

My 2nd Cousins who live in Alaska told me of an account where a person became lost just before winter set in. The person kept a Daily long on his day-to-day activities. The person lived in an abandoned school bus during the winter and despite extraordinary effort, the person perished from exposure, just before spring. The kicker of this was that the bus was just right off a main road. If he just walked the right direction, or help looked. The person would have been rescued.
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

Working...
        X