Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible issue... Surgery scheduled for Thursday...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible issue... Surgery scheduled for Thursday...

Well after 20 years of shoulder pain, I scheduled my Shoulder surgery for this Thursday 3+ months ago and don't I come down with a nasty chest cold. My Dr put me on antibiotics today and we are making the call tomorrow if we should re-schedule the surgery...

I'm wondering if I should re-schedule just to be safe....... Oh well, we will make the call tomorrow...
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Not a good idea to go under the knife with any kind of infection IMO. The bugs can get into places they don't need to be in and wouldn't normally. Good luck with whatever you decide. Not a fun thing I know, but on the bright side, you get good drugs
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Good luck man, and it would be best to reschedule so your body has more energy to recover.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Well, It's a go for tomorrow morning... I have to be there at 7:15... It will be tough typing for a while with one hand...
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Yanno there's a very rude joke in there but I'll refrain under the circumstances , good luck, hope all goes well.
          Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

OK...I'll go there...

Hopefully it's not THE hand...

The hand you shift with I mean. What? What just happened? Who said that???
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              OK...I'll go there...

Hopefully it's not THE hand...

The hand you shift with I mean. What? What just happened? Who said that???
              Hahahahahaha! Who said that?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

rotator cuff?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Yep... A partial tear was repaired and there was a bone spur that was removed. Now the healing begins....
                  2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                  2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Glad you went through okay. The healing takes time, but in the end, you'll be better off. It was a smart move.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Thanks... I'm looking forward to getting back to somewhat normal...
                      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Hope it all heals well.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes all. The nerve block wore off last night and it's pretty sore, but I've been in much worse pain before...
                          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
                            Thanks for the well wishes all. The nerve block wore off last night and it's pretty sore, but I've been in much worse pain before...
                            i might be next......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Between softball and when I used to lift a lot, I've injurred it about 4 times.. This time it needed to be repaired. When I went to workout, I couldn't do any bench presses or certain shouler work even with very light weights.. Ther motion was almost too much without the weight..

I'll keep you posted on how I make out...
                              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Working...
                              X