Speeding.......felony???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding.......felony???

I was talking to a buddy of mine and he said quote " if you are stopped going over 100, its a felony" I dont know what the laws are here in texas . But if any one has knowledge of you state law please reply...just curious..thanks

This should be posted in "Off-Topic".

You would get the answer you needed there.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

2nd for the off topic forum.

But yes, it can be considered a felony depending on the state you are in if you are over 100.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

120+ and its suspension of licence and loss of car here i think.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

In Texas, I believe the law states 30+ miles over the posted speed limit = reckless driving. It's the officer's discresion as to make the arrest or issue a massive speeding ticket. It's like they either arrest you or arrest your wallet.
          Darrin C
          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

In NC 80+ and 15 over the limit (at 55 and higher limits) is reckless driving and loss of license for 30 days, 60 days for 2nd offense. I'm not sure, but I think it only goes to a felony if someone is hurt or killed.

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/laws.html

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
            '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
            Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I heard in some States it's instant arrest.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Im not sure about other places but here in Mississippi, they could take you to jail for any misdemeanor....a ticket is a courtesy...meaning they can give you the ticket instead of taking you to jail. I've got a ticket for 83 in a 55, but I'd be willing to bet that had I been doing 100+ yeah I would have went to jail.
                LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

That's the way it is here in Texas too. You can be arrested for going 4 ov er if the officer wants to be a jerk. But, going 100 mph would definitely be a ride in the back of a squad car.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                    120+ and its suspension of licence and loss of car here i think.
                    Nope, 100. And its suspension of license, loss of car and at least a night in jail. How much you get though is up to the arresting officer (i.e. how much of a break he gives you).
                    Steve
                    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

when everybody says "loss of car" are yall saying that its a done deal.and you dont get it back

Comment

Originally posted by z28_Bignick_z28
                        when everybody says "loss of car" are yall saying that its a done deal.and you dont get it back
                        Depends on how many offenses. First offense is impound if you're arrested. Then you can come and find your car ripped apart with new dents and scratches and pay 120 to get it back. That's if you get it back right away. It's usually about 20/day each day it sits.
                        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

i just heard about this one the past week or so on the radio.. now in texas effective 1st oct. 95mph and over no ticket dismissal via defensive driver course. you will pay the fine. period. and according to a friend of the family who's in law enforcement. 20mph over any limit you can be arrested, car impounded, etc. .. just depends on what kind of day the cops having. but if there's a helicopter overhead, like happens a lot here in san antonio, more than likely you're hosed and soon to be needing an attorney.
                          previous- '82 recaro. current-bone stock '02 t/a 6sp base model.

Comment

In Florida speed in excess of 30 mph over the posted speed limit requires your presence in court. Reckless driving is a 3rd degree felony and its loosely defined.

316.192 - Reckless driving

(1)(a) Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
                            (b) Fleeing a law enforcement officer in a motor vehicle is reckless driving per se.
                            (2) Except as provided in subsection (3), any person convicted of reckless driving shall be punished:
                            (a) Upon a first conviction, by imprisonment for a period of not more than 90 days or by fine of not less than $25 nor more than $500, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
                            (b) On a second or subsequent conviction, by imprisonment for not more than 6 months or by a fine of not less than $50 nor more than $1,000, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
                            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Woa

Here in Wisconsin if you are caught soliciting a prostitute the police will arrest you and take your car for GOOD. You do not get it back.

A friend of a friend got nailed on his Harley, he spent $10,000 in lawyer fees trying to get his custom Harley back after the cops took it.

Could you imagine losing your car over something like that, or speeding?!?

...Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X