Fun In The Canyons!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun In The Canyons!

Well Me and my Buddy needed to just get away from all the BS and Drama that chases us with girls and family issues and just kick it. So I told him lets go to the canyons and mess around. I told him lets push the girl just a little and see if he can hang on my bumper. I must admit, I am very very impressed as to how good that thing handles. He was on me the entire way. Once his tires started heating up he started to get a little sloppy. Stopped and took some pictures and on the way back down There was a Lowered 2000ish GT and a Mazda 3 AWD turbo on the side of the road and right away started to follow us down the road. I right away thought that Mazda was going to Murder both me and my buddy. I was not to worried about the GT b/c I mean its a Rustang!!
    Lets just say, Neither me or my buddy every really pushed our cars that hard ever since we got them and we completely killed both the stang and the Mazda.

My buddies car: 2003 Focus SVT
    AEM CAI
    Custom Cat-back
    Off-road pipe
    Energy Suspension Master bushing kit

And My Bird

(I know its not legal/safe but we went around the time that its pretty much empty. Nobody was hurt and nobody crashed. We did not push them to the point of possible loose of control, well not too much. Dumb but then again it helped a ton to release some stress)

Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

that must be nice to cruise in an area like that!! Ur lucky! We dont have anything close to that in DElaware beautiful

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

the focus looks like a lunchbox
      93 t/a A4 3.23s
      95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
      99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
      99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
      97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
      93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
      00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
        or an angry toaster.............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Sad to say but that lunch box is an f-body outhandler. lol.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
            that must be nice to cruise in an area like that!! Ur lucky! We dont have anything close to that in DElaware beautiful
            Yeah that place is about 20 minutes from here. Its called Azusa Canyons. There is off-raoding up here as well as a shooting range were we normally go.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
              Yeah that place is about 20 minutes from here. Its called Azusa Canyons. There is off-raoding up here as well as a shooting range were we normally go.

Shooting Range.... ahhh the finer things in life...! haha

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

Looks like a great way to relieve some stress.

Nice pics.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

you let a focus keep up with you?
                  87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

focii

The Focus is a Ford world car with euro know-how re handling. If they have enuff motor and dont see long straights or sweepers, they are fine sports sedans. Awful MPG for a 4 banger, Ive heard...
                    I miss canyon carving on bikes and cars from my time in San Diego more than surfing, the weather, you name it. If you get down there look for Lyons Valley Rd and all the Anza desert roads; Mt Palomar was getting too crowded, and avoid Julian if it snows.
                    Mike, So. MD, USA
                    1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

my gf says, focus's look like retard shoes,looks like u had fun conelite,My dads wrx is so much fun on the canyons around here,u have to love caly
                      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

best thing and closest thing we got is Skyline but its too crowded and speed limit is slow. Fun and beautiful but no carvin up the roads there.

current

Comment

Originally posted by MDMike
                          The Focus is a Ford world car with euro know-how re handling. If they have enuff motor and dont see long straights or sweepers, they are fine sports sedans. Awful MPG for a 4 banger, Ive heard...
                          I miss canyon carving on bikes and cars from my time in San Diego more than surfing, the weather, you name it. If you get down there look for Lyons Valley Rd and all the Anza desert roads; Mt Palomar was getting too crowded, and avoid Julian if it snows.
                          i'm sure the focus is finally becoming an alright car, compared to the major lemon that it used to be. i was just thinking on logic, his 315 rwhp in a 6 speed ws6 with aftermarket panhard bar and 1le swaybar, and a svt focus with maybe half the power and a suspension that probably isn't even on par with the standard ws6.

i'm not trying to bash him, i just don't see how the focus kept up.
                          87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Also probably half the wieght and front wheel drive. It will probably handle really shrp corners better. Depending on the part of rd the TA may not be able to stay in its power band were the focus might be able to.

current

Comment

Originally posted by MunsonGTA
                              i'm sure the focus is finally becoming an alright car, compared to the major lemon that it used to be. i was just thinking on logic, his 315 rwhp in a 6 speed ws6 with aftermarket panhard bar and 1le swaybar, and a svt focus with maybe half the power and a suspension that probably isn't even on par with the standard ws6.

i'm not trying to bash him, i just don't see how the focus kept up.
                              You would be very very surprised as to how many g's those things can pull in the bends. I didnt believe it myself but you have to remember the weight transfer is so much quicker than an f-body. He is stock. With a full tank of gas and driver he is right over 3klbs. A full f-body and driver is right almost 4klbs.

In the bends he was kissing my bumper the entire time, and when I got a nice straight away I would pull on him. My Slotted rotors held up and never gave me one ounce of doubt that my brakes were going. I did have a little better braking than him (Thank you dual piston calipers!). We now got the autocross bug. Hes going to get some stiffer sway bars and shocks. Im going to invest in some Strano Springs and KYB shocks. And some Strano Sway bars. Im sure after that I would be able to give him a run for his money.

P.S. You have to remember that in third the entire way up the mountain my car tops out quick once it hit 5k rpms, he has also a 6 speed Getrag Trans with 7500rpms to play with, And he plays it well.
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X