Geeze....what a day.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geeze....what a day.

Was up really early, took my son to school and headed out across the state for another glorious company meeting. My blue Angel with the fresh paint was just cruisin along, it was the best part of the day.

I get to the meeting, sit in boring sessions and finally got a break about 12:00.
    I go out to get something from the car, I open the hatch and all of a sudden.....

BOOM!

I duck for cover, as I spin around a truck has flipped about 30 feet behind me. There was an intersection in the downtown St. Pete area, some young girl in an econo car ran a red light and plowed in to the side of a speeding pickup. The little econo can was completely mangled in the front, the airbags deployed. I was first to get to them. The driver of the truck was moving and trying to get out when a couple more bystanders arrived. They assisted him while I went over to the girl and checked her out. She wasn't injured and could move, the car was smoking a bit so I helped her out and over to the side of the road.

I gotta tell you, the sound was an awful reminder of my accident. The pickup lost it's topper and parts and debris were strewn everywhere, fortunately there were no serious injuries. The police arrived along with the EMS team, I gave them a rundown, let them know I didn't see the actual event and I was outa there.

Went back across the parking lot, and back into another 3 hours of meetings. I actually had to leave a bit early, it was a 1:45 drive back home and I had to pick up my son from school by 5:30. The camaro just hummed along the back roads..... again, one of the best parts of the day. I get back home, log on and flush all the spammer's registrations.

So.... slow day, guys?

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    So.... slow day, guys?
    I never have a slow day anymore. I have a Vette! Please nobody wake me up. I want to dream forever.

Glad nobody got hurt. It's really haunting to assist in an accident where they are hurt.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I bet the woman in the econo car was sure glad that you were there to help her when she was confused right after it happend
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Welcome to Tampa Bay Joe
        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Glad to hear everyone was okay. You were a good man to go help those people. It's surprising how many would turn their cheek and walk the other way like nothing happened.

There was an accident in front of my office two months ago. It looked worse than it was, but it happened right in front of me as I was leaving. I pulled into a parking spot and made sure evryone was okay.

Unfortunately, I saw the whole thing. I was tied up with the police for a solid hour while they were investigating the accident. It was no big deal... Just held me up a bit. Could have been worse I guess... I could have been the one in the wreck.

Nice work, Joe.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

wow u are da man joe!

greg - u see the accident last friday at the mall? where the highway dumps onto park ave? looked like a suv ran a red light and took out a audi and a toyota. pretty nasty, i think all but one person left on stretcher
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
              wow u are da man joe!
              Nah..... when you see something happen and people are in trouble, you just gotta do it.

Comment

other than that, Ms. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Man, I tell ya people just can not drive and make safe decisions or just pay attention! I cut people like that out of cars all the time! Idiots. Iv seen some bad stuff when it comes to these accidents. It just aint worth it to not pay attention. He!! we'll be responding with lights and sirens in a big a$$ red truck and people will cut out in front of us, not get out the way or flip us the bird cause we made them have to get out the way. Ha unless it was them that needed us. I know i got off the subject a little but just brought back a few memories. haha Good job joe! your rite. u c something bad and you just react and have to help.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                  2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Nah..... when you see something happen and people are in trouble, you just gotta do it.
                    But so many don't. It's surprising.
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                      But so many don't. It's surprising.
                      Ya know, I noticed that. A bunch of people watching from a distance but hardly anyone came up to help.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                        we'll be responding with lights and sirens in a big a$$ red truck and people will cut out in front of us, not get out the way or flip us the bird cause we made them have to get out the way. Ha unless it was them that needed us.
                        I'm feelin' ya thomas!!

I got one for y'all...

My boyfriend's engine was the first to the scene of an accident the other day... he ended up comforting and bandaging to the best of his ability, until an ambulance took her to the hospital, a little 13 year old girl, who was DRIVING her drunk father HOME from a Jr. High football game... she was stopped at a red light and some girl reaching down to get her cell phone plowed into them... Of course... father didn't have a scratch on him, but the little girl's arm bone was out of the skin... B@$tard!
                        I talk to him many nights that he's on duty and have to hear him tell me of the stupidity of people passing firetrucks and ambulances... makes me SICK!!!

Good work Joe!!!
                        '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

Originally posted by zebragirl83
                          I'm feelin' ya thomas!!

I got one for y'all...

My boyfriend's engine was the first to the scene of an accident the other day... he ended up comforting and bandaging to the best of his ability, until an ambulance took her to the hospital, a little 13 year old girl, who was DRIVING her drunk father HOME from a Jr. High football game... she was stopped at a red light and some girl reaching down to get her cell phone plowed into them... Of course... father didn't have a scratch on him, but the little girl's arm bone was out of the skin... B@$tard!
                          I talk to him many nights that he's on duty and have to hear him tell me of the stupidity of people passing firetrucks and ambulances... makes me SICK!!!

Good work Joe!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid people!! Then they get mad cause you made them move or you flew by them responding and call the station and complain but if its them they call and complain that u didnt get there fast enough or what took you guys so long!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Ya know, I noticed that. A bunch of people watching from a distance but hardly anyone came up to help.
                            It's the nature of some people. They want to see the carnage, but not get involved in helping out. It becomes too real to them.

I would bet 90% of the people on this forum would help out an accident victim. Not becuase I believe we are better than anyone.... Because the very idea of this site is a place for people to help one another with questions and projects. There are probably lurkers who come here to gather info but never give any... And that's fine. I believe you can tell a lot about people with simple observations like that.

Then again, maybe I'm looking too far into this. Give me a break... It's a slow day at work.
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by zebragirl83
                              I talk to him many nights that he's on duty and have to hear him tell me of the stupidity of people passing firetrucks and ambulances...!!!
                              un freaking real. I couldn't imagine driving a firetruck or ambulance and being passed by other vehicles while on a call.

Comment

Working...
                              X