Mynamar/Burma - 1000's killed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mynamar/Burma - 1000's killed

I usually don't tought sensitive issues but I felt that ya'll can handle this .

Just read in some foreign country news websites that one of the Generals along with his son defected stating he doesn't wan't no part of the attrocities goingon.

Apparently unlike what the media here in the US of A will tell you, 4000+ bhuddist monks were rounded up, killed, and their bodies dumped

Link to story (graphic pictures of attrocities)
    another link
    another article on how the bloggers are risking death to get news out
    Yet another foreign source I had to go to find news

and just think the #1 story here in america is about Britney Spears temporarily losing custody of her children and no mention about this at all. I feel ashamed as an american that we let our corporate media whitewash world events

EDIT: Very descriptive arctice
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Welcome to the "best country on earth"

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

it's on yahoo all over the place

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071002/...dia_myanmar_dc

there is that story and a bunch more links at the bottom of the page to other stories about what is going on.
      87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

here is the main link to all the story coverage

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Myanm...YsTCZd24bK.nQA
        87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

And let's see, if we did something about it everyone would be saying "why is the good old US of A sticking their noses where they don't belong?" It's one way or the other and no matter what we do it will be wrong.
          Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

I usually catch the first 20 minutes of GMA before heading off to work, and this is the time when they have their biggest news stories. Today all they mentioned in the 20 minutes is How awesome Hillary Clinton is and the lawsuit against the Knicks - in depth.

To be honest how is the next generation going to learn and appreciate what we have in this country, if events like Burma, are only a side note. I cannot think of a better example of the basis of the founding for this country and the words "Freedom is not Free, but paid in blood" than Mynamar (Thailand's northern neighbor)
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
              To be honest how is the next generation going to learn and appreciate what we have in this country, if events like Burma, are only a side note. I cannot think of a better example of the basis of the founding for this country and the words "Freedom is not Free, but paid in blood" than Mynamar (Thailand's northern neighbor)
              Couldn't put it any better...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Things like this give you an appreciation of freedom.

Comment

Working...
                X