what do u guysthink about 95-97 4x4 crewcab chevy trucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do u guysthink about 95-97 4x4 crewcab chevy trucks

I was wondering if u guyscan give me some info,specs,pricing,reliabilty,good on dirt,I need a truck and there not that $$$$,I move alot and need a truck,and im planning to get a dirtbike so I need something to tow it with,,,,thanks,oh I want a v8 5.7 liter silverawdo,(i know my spelling wrong_
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

decent trucks, try to get one that wasnt towed or used for snow plowing much. they tend to rot out kinda fast. i beleive the heater hose fittins have a minor issue(tend to leak after a long while). the 5.7 is a work horse. try to get a ext cab short box z71 package. if ur just gettn a dirt bike, a ZR2 S10 would do the trick or a Toyota Tacoma SR5. if u mean good off-road that depends on the terrian and tires/ground clearance but u can do a cheap 2" lift by tweakin the torsion bars on the front and a shackle in the rear or AAL
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Vortec engines of those years are difficult to get upgrade parts for. I had a 96 Crew Cab Dually. It seems like everything was available for every truck, unless you had a vortec engine, then it was nada.

The truck was great though. The only negative I could say was the paint at that time was not GM's best on trucks. I had lots of paint issues with spider webbing and cracking, so did a few of my friends. It was repainted and all was well. Finally she went away at 85k miles and never had any warranty issues except the paint. Very solid. Terrible gas mileage.

Comment

my old man has a 95 Silverado. Never had any major issues other than changed the plugs once and I think thats about it. Amazing truck. The gas mileage does suck but the less the truck is awesome. I plan to buy it off my old man and drop it and paint it to match my T/A. Its already dark blue like my bird. I have to agree the paint on those things was pretty cheap.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

just bought one! its an 06 Denali AWD crew cab but with the 6.0 motor.(hoss) Gas miliage seems to be better thatn most fords and dodges mainly dodge. omfortable and frendly interior. Class for class the GM usually has a higher tow rating i believe. mainly with the older models. now there mostly close.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

I have a 95 Silverado reg cab short bed with the 5.7. I really wish it was a 96 or later, the vortec motors got waaaaaay better cylinder heads. The 95 and older have the dreaded swirl port heads. The motor makes 200HP and 300lbft. I agree with trash man that the heater hose fittings are junk, they are made of plastic and after time they get brittle and fail. I dont really think that the gas milleage is that bad for a 12 year old V8, i get 17mpg mixed city/hwy. Overall they are very solid reliable trucks, mine has well over 200,000 miles on it and it runs fine doesnt burn any oil, and still on the origional tranny(never rebuilt), and the body and everything has held up well.
            1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
            1995 Silverado-beater truck
            2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
              I agree with trash man that the heater hose fittings are junk, they are made of plastic and after time they get brittle and fail.
              Lol, kinda like the Tee and restrictor on my Caprice...(probably on your fbod too) Junk plastic fittings...

My boss has a 93 with the old 350. It is alright, but even he wishes he had the vortec. At least you can tune the vortecs instead of buying a chip... Overall good trucks. Rust is really starting to be a problem with them now though, depending on where you live.
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
              <Motor out

Comment

how would one do at the dunes,and 96-up have 255hp right????there's one in the photoadd 96 4x4 crewcab $6,000,its has a chip ,exhaust,headers,99k,1 owner, its lifted too,dont remember how much,good deal????
                2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Working...
                X