Beater got nailed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beater got nailed

Last night, my car was nailed by someone . I was pulling into a parking spot and the car next to it started to pull out, he stopped, then continued. I nailed the horn, but as we all know, cars are independent universes so naturally he did not stop, and dented the door behind the drivers It makes me mad because the car It isn't worth much and would probably cost more than the value of the car to get fixed, but it is mine. I will try the dent puller to see if most of the dent will come out of my '94 corsica. I filed a police report, if I want to get it fixed but I think if I try it won't be worth it.
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

When I first read it, I didn't really read the title closely. I thought you were talking about the Hawk.

Look it at from that point of view... At least the Hawk was safe.

My beater was hit a few years ago. I had a '91 2WD S10. It wasn't much... Former telephone company truck. But it was useful and decent on gas with the 5-speed. I was in a store in another town and I was parked on the side of the road. Someone missed the stop sign across the street and drove right into the bed of the truck. Destroyed it.

Insurance gave me $1,000 to total it. It sucked because I really liked that truck, but the money eventually went towards my T/A. I guess my babbling point is wait to see what the bright side is. Could be a while, but there usually is a brighter side.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

depending on the damage, there might be such a thing as finding a used door that is already the same color(minor shade differences may be a problem depending on how picky you are about it). Try searching car-part.com...
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

the door isn't bad enough to warrant replacement. I'm going to try and get the dent pulled out, it's large but not a sharp dent so it should be easy to to. Thanks for the tip
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

Don't feel so bad. I guess that's why we call them beaters
          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
            the door isn't bad enough to warrant replacement. I'm going to try and get the dent pulled out, it's large but not a sharp dent so it should be easy to to. Thanks for the tip
            Oic...Might try paintless dent removal then. They can usually make it look pretty good depending on how sharp the dent is. Heck, it might even pop out enought o live with. All you have to do is pull the interior trim panel and see if you can't push it out. Usually this will get rid of the big dent and might leave the small creases around the dent...
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

Well thats why you drive a beater. just think if you were driving the hawk!! It did what it was destined to do.............

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Working...
              X