Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court date for moving violation

Hey everyone,

long time no talk everyone well i got a ticket for doing "spinning tires" down at my college and don't think i really did spin my tires that much if at all anyway I'm going to court on Tuesday. Anyway #1 I want to know what you guys would do in my situation in court

Plead guilty for probation
    Plead not guilty and possibly get fined for excessive acceleration if that's possible ?

the fine is 70 $ and 2 points

Also, does anyone have an idea of how much money I should take to court or if they accept credit ?
    1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

fight it till ur innocent or untill they give u a donation fine which measn u make a donation(75$) and the whole thing goes away. thats what they gave me for doing 48 in a 30.
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Or "no contest" which means you are saying you are innocent but you are willing to pay the fine to make it go away.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        Or "no contest" which means you are saying you are innocent but you are willing to pay the fine to make it go away.
        As far as I know, pleading "no contest" is pleading guilty without admitting guilt. You still get found guilty so it doesn't just "go away".

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

Plead innocent and ask that they drop the points. You might have to pay a little more.

If they don't agree, then set up a bench trial in which you get a hearing with the officer and judge.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by ToplessFormula
            As far as I know, pleading "no contest" is pleading guilty without admitting guilt. You still get found guilty so it doesn't just "go away".
            Not in Georgia.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You could ask to have it deferred. "Deferred ajudication," I think is what it is called. You pay the fine, then you have a probation type period of time (6 weeks here) where you have to be good and not get any moving violations. If you go that period without any violations, then it doesn't go on your record. If you do, then both end up on your record. At least, that is the way it works here in Texas.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

another quick question does anyone know how early i should go ?

my court date is at 1:15 I was thinking I should show up maybe a half hour early.

I'm going to plead innocent and hope they take the points away and take credit. I forgot to cash my check before i came back down.
                1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

it's hard for a cop to prove you were spinning your tires.

at a bench trial he will have to do that. It could get dismissed altogether.
                  97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

btw, my friend had a rim leak in one of his tires.

when he would turn his tires would squeal. he got a ticket.

he got the rim leak fixed, took it all to court and got it dismissed. Just because your tires made noise doesn't mean that you are guilty of a moving violation.

Comment

Working...
                    X