national guard info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• national guard info

can I get some info from some of u guys about the national guard,I need a new job badly, I can join the national guard and they will give me my truckdriving license and a part time job truck driving army supplies,and i feel this will give me experience to be hired at ups pepsi or other company's easly,here's my problem my girlfriend/fianca, is very against the war,me going to the war,And will probaly leave me if I have to go to Iraq,for fear of losing me,will i problay be sent to war,how does the na guard work, thank you
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Don't do it if your heart isn't in to serving...find other means.

Sorry, but I feel strongly about serving our country and if you're just doing it to find a means of employment...go do something else.

Even then, I'm sure the NG has some sort of basic training that you'd have to go through for a few weeks...it's not you sign up and go at it.

Find monetary by some other means.

But to answer your question, I'm sure a quick web sure using a search engine will produce answers.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

To add to what Christopherr was saying, don't go in expecting to get a specific job. The military generally assigns people to where they're needed. I wouldnt' trust anyone that garauntees you'll be placed in a position you have your heart set on.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I plan on getting my truck driving license soon,I was on MSN jobs and this came up

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...al+Guard%22%24
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

My dad just told me that the national guard stays in America and the reserve is sent to iraq is this true

Comment

I believe thats true. NG defends the home land and reserves go across the pond or were ever they say to go. im thinking bout the same thing but to get experience and classes for a firefighter cause its so difficukt to get on at a dept. Im also getting into trucking. Its awesome. If you dont want to be on the road forever away from her there are a ton of local jobs were you can be home that night or the nexrt and make good money.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
            2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
              I believe thats true. NG defends the home land and reserves go across the pond or were ever they say to go. im thinking bout the same thing but to get experience and classes for a firefighter cause its so difficukt to get on at a dept. Im also getting into trucking. Its awesome. If you dont want to be on the road forever away from her there are a ton of local jobs were you can be home that night or the nexrt and make good money.
              yes i plan on doing a local jobs,pepsi starts you of at $18 a hour working 9-5

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                yes i plan on doing a local jobs,pepsi starts you of at $18 a hour working 9-5

Yeah, my father in law lives in kentucky and im trying to get in the fire dept down there and with the schedual 24 on 48 off i can run his truck on my days off. Just love bein on the road!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

There are plenty of NG units over here.

Don't be a puss, go here:

US Army Rangers

or NG

National Guard

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
                    There are plenty of NG units over here.

Don't be a puss, go here:

US Army Rangers

or NG

National Guard

Bob
                    I want to go,Im the only one in my famly that hasnt went yet,My dad was a army ranger,grandpa retired airforce,everone in my famly has served,cousinis uncles ants,But My dad doesnt want me to go,because of the war,and my GF's throwing a fit,If i wasnt with her I would have went to the army a long time ago.Its hard because half my famly's telling me to go ,and the other half is begging me to stay,Im pretty sure im going to join the NA part time next month,

Comment

dont serve just cuz ur family did. its gotta be what you want 2 do, no just so u can get ur CDL and go do something else. go to some bars or a construction company and ask them for a job and tell them u want to get ur cdl really bad. im lucky cuz i met a guy at a bar i went to, we became friends and he drives a tri-axel dump truck(10spd mack)and hes gonna teach me on that. thats good for a Class B(str8 box or trailer upto 26K), class A which is what u prob will need is for any truck that piovits(semis and stuff)
                      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
                        dont serve just cuz ur family did. its gotta be what you want 2 do, no just so u can get ur CDL and go do something else. go to some bars or a construction company and ask them for a job and tell them u want to get ur cdl really bad. im lucky cuz i met a guy at a bar i went to, we became friends and he drives a tri-axel dump truck(10spd mack)and hes gonna teach me on that. thats good for a Class B(str8 box or trailer upto 26K), class A which is what u prob will need is for any truck that piovits(semis and stuff)
                        You are lucky,if I knew someone I could learn to drive in there truck,then take the test in there truck and it wouldnt cost me a dime,But to go to a school and use there truck for the test costs 2-$3,500 ,One of my trucking friend's said if u go to a company and they pay for ur training they own u for a certain amount of time,And u will get paid more if u fork out the cash for the school,My friend just started with frito olay and is getting paid $800 a week working from 3am to 12pm,I just thought the guard would look good on my record,and would give experience so I can get a hire wage when I start at one of these company's

Comment

most companys wont give u a higher wage just cuz u served for the country. go apply and tell them u would like to get ur cdl and they prob try to help u out

do what i did, i went and got a job at a trash company driving teh satelite trucks(Fusos witha 8 yard body and 2 yard recycle bin) im more then likely gonna get my class b on our roll-off truck and my boss is willin to train me even tho he doesnt need anymore drivers
                          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
                            most companys wont give u a higher wage just cuz u served for the country. go apply and tell them u would like to get ur cdl and they prob try to help u out

do what i did, i went and got a job at a trash company driving teh satelite trucks(Fusos witha 8 yard body and 2 yard recycle bin) im more then likely gonna get my class b on our roll-off truck and my boss is willin to train me even tho he doesnt need anymore drivers
                            Is it true that the guys who drive the trashtrucks and pick up trash get paid bank

Comment

DHolmes,

A good friend of mine was an Army recruiter for 22+ years and was one of the 52 hostages at the Iran embassy in 1979. His eldest son became Airborne Rangers Special ops INSTRUCTOR. His younger son enlisted & worked in supplies. For years after 100% medical disability, he helped over 1000 troubled people change their lives around, by entering the various armed forces. He is very spected in this regard. Both of his sons have seen Asian front, eldest in Afganistan & iraq and they younger 2 tours in Iraq before he turned 26!

The best advice he can give someone in your position (This is not my advice I might add) is stay away from the armed forces right now for one simple reason.. they (Armed forces & National Guard) are not taking care of their own... meaning if you get injured... blammo your kicked out. Mental illness due to shell shock, battle fatigue... blammo your kicked out and left to deal with these problems yourself, if your can. Many of the recruits came back and told all this same story to him, which I'm passing on to you. These days he is helping them get into college and get a career via this route. He now volunteers as a translator as well. The national guard will not take care of you once something bad happens...no matter what gimmick or wording they give you!

and as always never trust the words of a recruiter unless it is all on a legal-binding document verbatim (his advice as well )

Think of your options, carefully, .... I went the college route paid my own way through, this might not be your best route, there might be good industry jobs in your area (power company, machining, assembly, etc. all in line with what I make)
                              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                              pics and info

Comment

Working...
                              X