GMPartsDirect.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMPartsDirect.com

Has anyone here purchased parts from GMPartsDistributor.com? It's run by Lake Chevrolet in California. I've heard a lot of bad experiences with gmpartsdirect.com and will not buy from them. This site is similar, but the pricing is different.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

I've also had a bad experience with GMpartsdirect.com. Haven't tried the one you're asking about. But, I have had good luck so far with http://www.buy-oem-parts.com/ run by Crown Cadillac in NJ. With ground shipping I usually get stuff the next day or 2nd day, and prices (even with shipping) have been lower than the local dealer.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I have never had a problem with GMpartsdirect.com . You just can't be in a hurry for something from them.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        I have never had a problem with GMpartsdirect.com . You just can't be in a hurry for something from them.
        Agreed, and I think that's why a lot of people give them a bad rep. They do offer GM parts for cheaper than the dealer, even after shipping (albeit their shipping is somewhat high). But, if you need it on the cheap, they are a good (notice I didn't say "the best") place to get it.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Why not use the guys the Shoebox lists? I've used Dal Slabaugh for almost 10 years. I've used Jason Cromer as well. Prices similar to gmpartsdirect.com, but without the highway robbery shipping charges.

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#Dal_and_Jason
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            Same here, besides of course the hefty shipping charges.
            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks for the input! I was actually refering more to gmpartsdistributor.com. I'm familiar with gmpartsdirect.com and their high shipping charges and the long wait time for parts. I was wondering the same thing applied to the former.

Fred, I'll check Shoebox's lists. Thanks!

Basically, I wanted to get the newer style headrests for my '04 GP. I'm not a fan of the "doughnut" style and the solid headrests should be a bit more comfortible.
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                Why not use the guys the Shoebox lists? I've used Dal Slabaugh for almost 10 years. I've used Jason Cromer as well. Prices similar to gmpartsdirect.com, but without the highway robbery shipping charges.

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#Dal_and_Jason
                I couldn't agree more! I never buy GM parts anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                X