HAHA Do people actually buy these?...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAHA Do people actually buy these?...

Unbelieveable. I have seen alot of these, but this is by far the worst. Look how big it is, all it would do is restrict airflow & REDUCE gas milage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAVE-...QQcmdZViewItem
    No F-Body right now

I watched tv show on these called tornado what it was called but its like $60
    it take you 5 years to see improvement LOL!!
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Look at his feedback, he sells a ton of those.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

whenever you see bs stuff like that...stop and think...... if it was that good...one of the big three would buy the patent and use it.........

its nothing but a piece of trash.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Oh with that feed back I will buy 10 of them.I would like to get to know this guy.
          Dam this post on the great info will make my car so fast.Oh boy we are looking at the 10s
          Blazer

Comment

It's crazy to think that for years people have been trying to smooth airflow into engines to reduce turbulence, thereby increasing horsepower and efficiency. Now somebody makes a device to intentionally clog the path.

Any swirl or vortex of air that this thing makes would only be temporary at best. It would be long gone by the time the air got through the intake and to the fuel injectors and heads. To my knowledge the heads and intake paths on vehicles are engineered to tumble the air in a specific manner to better mix the atomized fuel anyway.

It seems like the only way these "tornado" type devices would save fuel would be by starving your engine of air, therefore when the car's computer found out you were getting less air it would dial back fuel to match.

Comment

Hey, I got a spare set of swirl port heads that make extreme horsepower gains a reality!! I am willing to take a loss and sell them to you for $950 plus shipping...
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
              <Motor out

Comment

It's true......everywhere you look, there's an idiot with a hole in their pocket.
                Darrin C
                '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

You guys are the dumb ones. Obviously it works, otherwise people wouldn't buy it. I ordered one for my z28 and more for the rest of the cars in my household. He even cut me a deal on shipping.

Can't wait to get 30% more mileage.
                  97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

I hope you're joking...

source 1

Source 2

From what I have read, they are junk. But like many other things, to each his own...

Let us know if it works for ya. Because I love being provedd wrong, just ask around.
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                      You guys are the dumb ones. Obviously it works, otherwise people wouldn't buy it. I ordered one for my z28 and more for the rest of the cars in my household. He even cut me a deal on shipping.

Can't wait to get 30% more mileage.
                      well at least I got it

EDIT: the joke not the product!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

My dad has a 2000 Lincoln Town Car L. The "L" designates limousine. It is a 6" factory stretch with extra room in the back seat. It's pretty cool, there are vanity mirrors built into the ceiling in the back, and in the center armrest are radio and heat controls along with a switch to move the front passenger seat forward and back to give yourself extra foot room.

My point is, it is a big honking American V8 tank.

Well, guess what? He gets 33mpg on the hwy with it and 25mpg average combined driving.

BS you say? I've seen it in person. I've driven it. The onboard trip computer does not lie. How did he do it?

He's got it modded up for fuel economy.

-K&N filter
                        -Duralube, Z-Max and Teflon in the crank case
                        -Duralube in the transmission
                        -Duralube in the power steering
                        -Duralube in the rear end
                        -Magnetic fuel catalysts on the fuel lines
                        -Tornado in the intake
                        -Bosch dual spark platinum spark plugs
                        -low resistance spark plug wires
                        -modified air cleaner housing for better breathing

I rolled my eyes at first too, until I drove the car on a trip and started keeping tabs on the trip computer. Now I look at it every chance I get. I've never seen it under 23.
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:
                        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                          My dad has a 2000 Lincoln Town Car L. The "L" designates limousine. It is a 6" factory stretch with extra room in the back seat. It's pretty cool, there are vanity mirrors built into the ceiling in the back, and in the center armrest are radio and heat controls along with a switch to move the front passenger seat forward and back to give yourself extra foot room.

Well, guess what? He gets 33mpg on the hwy with it and 25mpg average combined driving.

BS you say? I've seen it in person. I've driven it. The onboard trip computer does not lie. How did he do it?

-K&N filter
                          -Tornado in the intake

I rolled my eyes at first too, until I drove the car on a trip and started keeping tabs on the trip computer. Now I look at it every chance I get. I've never seen it under 23.
                          right....... if all that shit works then why isn't any of it in your sig for mods you've done to your own car?
                          87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Originally posted by MunsonGTA
                            right....... if all that shit works then why isn't any of it in your sig for mods you've done to your own car?
                            Judging from his sig, I'd say Tracy is a little more concerned with performance, not gas mileage. He said "He's got it modded up for fuel economy."

I don't think people mod camaro's for fuel economy.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ

-K&N filter
                              -Tornado in the intake

I'd call B.S. on this in a half a heartbeat, but I know Tracy pretty well, and there is no doubt in my mind that he has spent countless hours in the back seat of that limo checking himself out in the vanity mirrors.

Comment

Working...
                              X