hypertech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hypertech

Anyone have any personal experience with there programmers? Im looking to get a little more hp and better gas miliage in my denali and they seem to be the most popular. I also saw superchip. Maybe an intake and an exhaust 2. thanks

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

I used one for an LT-1 powered caprice, and the power gains weren't really noticable-
    It is useful if you want to play arpond, and alter shift points, fan turn-on temps, change wheel sizes or axle gears. If you mod you car it is easy to compensate for changes, but, for the power programming to work, you have to use premium gas, and I couldn't feel any noticable improvement- I didn't dyno it of take it to the strip, so there MAY have been a minor improvement, but not noticable.
    2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
    "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

dont know if they've gotten better over the years, but when i was in to f bodies, 4th gens..up to 97... some folks lost power with them...unless you had some major mods..then they helped... i think if i had a new 6.0 GMC D...i'd leave it stock in that dept. gmc does a good job with factory settings. i know our 2004 Envoy has been flawless.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

My friend started having shifting problems after installing it on his Dakota. He did get a pretty nice boost in power though, but he took it off because the power wasn't worth the money or the shifting problems.
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
        X