• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM - 2008 SS Cobalt Turbo

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...00#post1219700

think im gonna have to save my pennies
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

I have a lot of respect for these little cars!

I lined up with a supercharged one last year and off the line, it kept up with me until we hit 60 or so.

Pretty quick.........
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

yea the S/C ones are pretty fast, mid 14s i think but this one will have 55 more hp then the S/C
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
        I have a lot of respect for these little cars!

I lined up with a supercharged one last year and off the line, it kept up with me until we hit 60 or so.

Pretty quick.........
        them things are like 25k..
        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

same motor thats in my Sol. let me tell you folks... i got into this car for the firt time recently... one run.....took it to 6k with 20lbs of turbo boost in first , second..backed off in third cause a corner was coming up..its a split second slower than my 400hp gto was....thats all........but its like a miniature corvette in the twisties.. if i raced a 400hp gto...and the driver was not on top of it..i'd beat him......... dont underestimate these new charged gm cars.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

they should charge the big ones now!!! all the little guys get to have the fun. GM should just take everyone out! charge the gto vette, g8 impala ss ,malibu!!! charge'em all!!! Demolish the comp.!!! throw a small charger on a gto and you have 500 hp easily! ( they'd probably want too much for 'em but still)

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
            2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

There is a point of diminishing returns. The reason the Solstice, the Cobalt and the Sky work so well is the light weight. If they could drop another couple hundred pounds things would get even more exciting.

Comment

Working...
              X