Crash!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash!

I crashed my brothers R/C Airplane a couple hours ago. I was pulling out of a loop and experienced catastrophic failure of the airframe. The metal wing tube failed and the wings folded back. It looked sureal, like in slow motion all the way down. Boom. It hit hard enough to rupture the fuel tank and break the engine. The nose cone was 4" into the earth and the prop was broken in two. The fuselage was flattened up to the cockpit and the radio gear along with lots of broken balsa and the nose gear was strewn across the grass.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

sorry i had to do that, that blows tho.
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

You broke it you pay for it. Did your brother know you were playing with his toy an did he tell your dad.
      An yes
      Blazer

Comment

I'm sorry, I didn't take any pictures of the wreck. He was there, saw it happen and knows it was not pilot error. Needless to say, I purchased a replacemt for him anyhow.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

haha..... I've done that with 4 different planes. A P-40 Warhawk, a P-51 Mustang, an A-7 Corsair and an F4U Corsair. Each time the resulting death spiral was awesome.

Comment

who died?..dont tell me it was the tooth fairy!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
              who died?..dont tell me it was the tooth fairy!
              No, not the tooth fairy!! I'm not sure if Joe puts pilots in his models or not. The one that bit it today was just a trainer. My bro's stunt plane has spiderman posed in the cockpit. Someday, spiderman is going to die. That airplane is on its 3rd life already.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                haha..... I've done that with 4 different planes. A P-40 Warhawk, a P-51 Mustang, an A-7 Corsair and an F4U Corsair. Each time the resulting death spiral was awesome.

remind me to stay away from you when you fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

ah well, its all part of the r/c experience. To bad it was totalled but the next one will be better.
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                  1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                  1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                  1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                  1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                  <Motor out

Comment

Some of mine have pilots, usually I'll do that with warbirds rather than anything high performance where weight is kept to a minimum. I even have a perfect sized Kermit the Frog that takes a flight now and then in an A-10 Thunderbolt.

Originally posted by thomas
                    remind me to stay away from you when you fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Nah.... only the pilots are in danger.

Comment

hahaha

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                      2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

I crashed my $650 T-Maxx last week. It's a Nitro 4X4. I have it pretty well modded, and it does about 55 mph now.

I was at 3/4 throttle in the parking lot of a school next to me. I had it going at a good clip, and started to slow down so I could pull it up the rmp to the sidewalk. Not exactly sure what happened, but on the way up the ramp, the front right wheel caught the edge of the curb (one of those big, square curbs). It threw the truck into an end over end flip in the air until it was interupted by a flag pole. The entire front suspension was destroyed.

I bought all the parts this weekend. Spent more becuase I went with higher quality parts. Dropped $200 on just the front suspension, but the A-arms are warrantied for life against breakage (Each wheel has two A-arms).

Sorry for the crash, Tracy. It's an expensive hobby, but now you have an awesome story to carry with you.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Been there, done that. I had the whole eppinage of my UCD .65 rip off about 45ft in the air.. KINDA controlled it with the ailerons on the way down, was able to hit the ground flat like a pancake, but still split the fuse in two. Didn't break any electronics/motor though

Bin'ed that one. heh
                          99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                            You broke it you pay for it. Did your brother know you were playing with his toy an did he tell your dad.
                            An yes
                            Blazer
                            I agree........ worthless without pics. Since I don't have any carnage on film, I guess that it's time to sacrifice something for just such a purpose.

Comment

Working...
                            X