animal folks..within

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animal folks..within

just think.............the majority of you here are super animal folks.. if you notice anything going on with your neighbors..or notice abandoned animals...get involved. a friend of mine put this together..inspired by our nevada wolfdog.. she's in the vid too.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yQvV7R8p_o

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

We have many stray 1/2 bocat - 1/2 house cat s' (Bobtails). My apt. complex will not do anything (I've yelled at them for 6 years now)The local animal control oficer will not do anything (set traps) if the apt. will not do anything, the local shelter will no do anything to help capture them, They have top be brought to them, and all the while they are being fed, but are not vaccinated. Some previous tenants have gone so far as to disable the traps when one tenant bought their own trap in attempts to remove them (They like sleeping in engine bays, crawl all over cars etc. thus the need to have them removed) and the perpetrator acting like they were trying to help them. All the while these cats are breeding.

AFAIK no organization will help, and if I go on my own and try to do it, It will be shot down by the tenants, by disabling the traps or teaching the cats to stay away from them , who believe its cruel to capture them. There is a local non-kill shelter I'd send them to, but as these are feral, I'm not sure if anything can be done short of stopping them from multiplying
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

Man, that was really disturbing- I couldn't watch it all- I just took in a new rescue, a young female shepard, whose ribs are showing almost like some of those poor animals-

What kind of beast would treat a dog or cat like that? I wish they could get a taste of their own medicine- those poor animals deserve so much more than what they have been given so far

Keep it up, Ken!
      2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
      "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
        Man, that was really disturbing- I couldn't watch it all- I just took in a new rescue, a young female shepard, whose ribs are showing almost like some of those poor animals-

What kind of beast would treat a dog or cat like that? I wish they could get a taste of their own medicine- those poor animals deserve so much more than what they have been given so far

Keep it up, Ken!
        Good for you, man!

Glad to see people are taking in rescues rather than going to a puppy store. I took in my Golden as a rescue last year. She was in a litter of four, left in a box outside a Salvation Army building at night. The temps dropped to below freezing (they were in New Hampshire). Luckily, the woman who runs the place stopped there around 10:00 and found them. My sister-in-law lives up that way, so she called and said there was one more left. I took her in and couldn't be happier.

Keep up the great work, Ken.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

some people really make me ill the way they treat animals as things put here for our amusement, and when the laughter stops they just throw them away.

I believe in adoption from shelters too...there are too many wonderful beings that just need someone to give them half a chance.

I have four cats...you know how I came by them? someone dumped their pregnant cat off in my neck of the woods. now that I've gotten to know this cat for the last 4+ years, she is one of the friendliest, intelligent cats I have known, which just further puzzles me how someone could just dump her because they were too f**king lazy to have her spayed, and she got pregnant.

One of the kittens I helped her have died, and I suspect being abandoned during her pregnancy may have contributed.

The other three lived, and momma plus babies makes four.

I'd like to strip that person of everything and dump them in the desert.
          Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Working...
          X