My Best friends' dog died...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Best friends' dog died...

So last Saturday my buddies' yorkie passed. Let me first say that anybody who says that dogs are just pets are freakin out of there mind! It is weird because the only reason he got the dog in the first place was because his girlfriend talked him into it. He didn't want a dog(probably because he knew how attached he gets to animals). But he bought Rudy for her anyways.

Then, of course, Rudy liked him more and was his little buddy. He went everywhere with him! He was well behaved and extremely smart. Probably one of the smartest dogs I have ever encountered.

The worse part about it is that he and his girlfriend split up about 1.5 yrs ago and she took the dog.(out of spite imho) He was hurt about it but decided that he would be ok with it as he would not have to eventually see him die. Well, she would bring him around for visits every once in a while(i think she did it to try and get back together...)

Well, it didn't work. She called him up last Saturday to come get him because she couldn't stand to hear him anymore. He was sick and weezing and in a lot of pain. She had already brought him into an emergency vet and they cleared him to go home with meds and instructions. So he went down and picked him up and scheduled an emergency app. with his own trusted vet.

Needless to say, less than 30 minutes later and an hour before the vet could get in, Rudy died in his arms.....

Please say a prayer for my buddy Wayne as he is taking it pretty badly.
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

That's truly heartbreaking. I've never had anything like that happen so I can only imagine. Prayers sent.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
      ...Rudy liked him more and was his little buddy. He went everywhere with him!
      ...Needless to say, less than 30 minutes later and an hour before the vet could get in, Rudy died in his arms.....
      I propose that just possibly Rudy wanted it that way.

I lost my cat of 14+ years an while ago and I truly believe she waited for me to get home that day so she could say goodbye before she went and in the process prevented me from having to make "that decision".

It's always tough but I'm sure your friend wouldn't trade joy of having Rudy for not feeling the pain of losing him. I know I wouldn't...
      My DD
      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

with the exception of family and a few tight friends, I am closer to my pets than anything else...and losing them is always very painful.

it's been over 2 weeks since Zorba's sudden passing and I still think of him constantly. It left a jagged rift in my life's fabric.

The benefits to both humans and pets from the relationship far outweigh the problems caused by the great disparity in lifespans though.
        Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

truly dorry. mary and i have lost a few over the years... some of you remember my beloved Nikona... my soul wolfdog.....

its never easy. and yes..they are our children.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I'm very sorry.

I actually stopped talking to a former friend because he found it funny I was taking my Irish Setter's death so hard some years back. He said "What a baby. It's just a dog".

I used a couple explitives and haven't talked to him since.

That dog was with me for 15 years. It's been 12 since his passing, and he's still with me.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

sad story. I had to put down my cocker spaniel right before I started my job. It was tough, but she was suffering and I new it was the right thing to do (she was 15 and-a-half) But is really sad when they die of sickness or injury before their time as was this case

My current dog, Ace (German Shepard/ Doberman Pinscer mix), I've known him from the instant he was born (helped deliver his 12 other brother and sisters). He is now 11. I am closer to him more than any other living thing (No friends where I live nor any family) , So I can relate to how close your friend was to his dog. Good thing was he got rid of that banshee blatherskite of a woman as imagine in a few years if he didn't considering she took his dog to spite him...
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

Working...
              X