• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110 Mph past Radar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1joObSmrrw

I seen this on youtube had show you guys
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Oh, man..... The stupid sign didn't even register.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      Oh, man..... The stupid sign didn't even register.
      Yeah looks like it's turned off he got ticket cop pulled a U-turn and got him read comments on the video
      1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

they put those out all the time here... it's just asking for people to rack up big #'s with them. that's funny how it didn't register.
        87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

I've had a couple of those not pick up my Firebird. I've only had one ever pick up my bike. Photo radar is not legal here, so they're only for "informational purposes". In other words, it's for making videos on Youtube!!
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Here is a picture of a speed sign I went past.

Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

lol now that was stupid.
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
                I've had a couple of those not pick up my Firebird. I've only had one ever pick up my bike. Photo radar is not legal here, so they're only for "informational purposes". In other words, it's for making videos on Youtube!!
                I have had a lot of those things not pick up my X Camaro. I attribute it to the radiator mount being slanted rather than vertical. if you think about that it makes sense. Plastic doesn't reflect radar. Only metal does. A radar signal will go through the bumper and hit the radiator and support. With the radiator support being slanted it will not reflect the signal back to the radar the same way the F117 was designed. Granted that is not the only thing that will reflect back to the radar but little corners like the fins of the radiator won't send back enough signal for the receiver to pick up. I have always thought there is some natural stealth to the design of the F-body and the C5/C6 Vette. Maybe we could get D.J.Taso to test it for us.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

ones here in CT around my area stop at 75mph. buddy said he blew past one his in 00 1500 chevy doing 95mph(i guess top speed?) and all it said was 75
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Speaking of speeding and radar, just saw this one on another board

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were
                    involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding
                    motorists on the A1 Great North Road. One of the officers used a
                    hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching
                    over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was
                    recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and
                    the officers were not able to reset it.

Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the
                    radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet which
                    was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district,
                    approaching from the North Sea.

Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a
                    stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office.

Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style:

"Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the
                    file on this flight incident.
                    You may be interested to know that the
                    tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and
                    subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and
                    automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an
                    air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also
                    automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot
                    flying the Tornado recognized the situation for what it was,
                    quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able
                    to override the automated defence system before the missile was
                    launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed.”
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                      "Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the
                      file on this flight incident.
                      You may be interested to know that the
                      tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and
                      subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and
                      automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an
                      air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also
                      automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot
                      flying the Tornado recognized the situation for what it was,
                      quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able
                      to override the automated defence system before the missile was
                      launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed.”
                      Funny as it is . I doubt it's authenticity. First thing that could tip you off right off the bat, was that they were doing an exercise. Usually they have an electronics-payload in a dummy missile, to recored all-aspects of the scenario for later analysis. Second thing was that the pilot was in friendly territory and he knew it so firing a REAL weapon would be out of the question. If the story was true indeed, there was more to the message than this little section and was sent tongue-in-cheek. With all that said funny story indeed
                      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                      pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                        Funny as it is . I doubt it's authenticity. With all that said funny story indeed
                        You are correct it's not a true story.

Should have mentioned that it was in the funny section.
                        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                          Here is a picture of a speed sign I went past.

Uh are you joking, because I'm pretty certain that's just a photo off of the net. I've seen that plenty of other places. pretty sure that wasn't you.
                          '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                          '00 T/A Silver
                          '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Originally posted by strkt_&_blwn
                            Uh are you joking, because I'm pretty certain that's just a photo off of the net. I've seen that plenty of other places. pretty sure that wasn't you.
                            He was obviously joking. Few people on this board have cars capable of hitting 167, plus I don't think anyone here would even try to reach that speed if they could, unless it was on a closed course.
                            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                            SOLD- Kinda miss it
                            94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                            SOLD- Good riddance!
                            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl (aka Jeff 95 Z28)
                              I have had a lot of those things not pick up my X Camaro. I attribute it to the radiator mount being slanted rather than vertical. if you think about that it makes sense. Plastic doesn't reflect radar. Only metal does. A radar signal will go through the bumper and hit the radiator and support. With the radiator support being slanted it will not reflect the signal back to the radar the same way the F117 was designed. Granted that is not the only thing that will reflect back to the radar but little corners like the fins of the radiator won't send back enough signal for the receiver to pick up. I have always thought there is some natural stealth to the design of the F-body and the C5/C6 Vette. Maybe we could get D.J.Taso to test it for us.
                              I have emailed mythbusters about this too. If anyone is close to San Fran, you should stop by them and offer them to test the theory on your car
                              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
                              X