Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a FORD

I know it's a four letter word but...

My buddy has a 2001 F-150 4.2L V6 that started running very rough and almost died on him. He took it into the shop and they found a couple of things:
    The oil pressure readings were erratic, replaced sending unit, fixed.
    Did an injector cleanup and adjusted the idle, truck is running much better. He did notice now however that the engine does sound "noisy" especially if you open the hood and listen.

They told him he needs a new "ISC Act" (that is how it is listed on the quote) which I assume means Idle Speed Control Actuator??? Can anyone confirm this? I searched AZ and OReilly online and don't find that part for an 01 Ford but I do see an Idle Air Control Module, Same thing?

The shop wants almost $300 to replace it and I'm trying to help him save some cash.

Any input would be appreciated.
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

I am not sure if it is the same thing but I can say that the idle air valve are subject to dieing on all Fords since 1986. It's only 2 bolts to replace and it's right on top. Sometimes you can clean them with carb cleaner but it will fail again in a few months. Usually if it is malfunctioning it will throw a code though. I replaced one on my brother-in-laws Ranger about a year ago. I guess that isn't much help is it. LOL

FYI it's $80 from Autozone and it takes longer to get the tools than it does to replace. $300 for that is outragous.
    http://www.autozone.com/R,APP465695/...ductDetail.htm
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
    X