Smokey & the Bandit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey & the Bandit

You can have one of the cars. YearOne is building 50 updated versions of the 1977 Trans Am. If you want one, you can get the basic version for ONLY $130,000 or a totally tricked out edition for $205,000. If you get one I can drive it to your house for free. You just pay for my plane ticket back home. That is the nice guy I am.Want to know more go to www.yearone.com YearOne is near where I live.
    Oh ya I will not drive it like I stoled it.
    Blazer

*jiggles piggy bank*

I'll let you know when I need you to pick it up for me.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Been reading about it for months now...last article was in Pontiac Performance.

I've been trying to get a job with Yearone for years. LOL! Maybe they'll let me get on board if I buy on...

Sweet ride theless...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

DIY Network did a 4 (or maybe 5) part series on the building of the first one for Burt showing the discussions they had with him, what went into the design what they changed etc. Even showed the rust bucket that eventually became the prototype BANIII.

Personally, I like the idea. I hope they make some of the parts they fabricated available as production pieces making it easier to resurrect a 2nd gen with modern goodies.

I personally wasn't overjoyed with the redesigned bird or the look of the leather interior. Still on the fence with the new design snowflake rims as well.
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

I got to check out one of those cars at the Goodguy Nationals in Ohio this year when I went there with my uncle to take delivery of his 69 camaro. The car they had there was a ban 3 with an LS7 and all options for $200k, and for that money you get a car that has a questionable interior, somewhat bland exterior styling, and the fact that anyone with the money can get one. There is no exclusivity with that car. Then I look at my uncles car and think for $200k we got a 1 off custom camaro with beautiful styling that went on to win the Mothers Excelence In Automotive Design award at this years SEMA show, so my deal is if you are going to spend that much on a car, why not get something unique, and not something that 15 other people have.

If anyone wants to see pictures of our SEMA award or of the car let me know i can post some up.
          1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
          1995 Silverado-beater truck
          2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
            I got to check out one of those cars at the Goodguy Nationals in Ohio this year when I went there with my uncle to take delivery of his 69 camaro. The car they had there was a ban 3 with an LS7 and all options for $200k, and for that money you get a car that has a questionable interior, somewhat bland exterior styling, and the fact that anyone with the money can get one. There is no exclusivity with that car. Then I look at my uncles car and think for $200k we got a 1 off custom camaro with beautiful styling that went on to win the Mothers Excelence In Automotive Design award at this years SEMA show, so my deal is if you are going to spend that much on a car, why not get something unique, and not something that 15 other people have.

If anyone wants to see pictures of our SEMA award or of the car let me know i can post some up.
            everytime i hit a local car show, i see dozens of 60's camaros. never seen one yearone bandit TA...
            87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

I think the exclusivity comes by being foolish enough to spend 200 grand on a car like that.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

with a price tag like that...it's exclusive enough. you won't be seeing many of those around.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                X