this old dude is one happy man tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this old dude is one happy man tonight

What a day. Poor Christy got lost in MD.. left at 7 am this morning.. didnt get down here till after 1pm.... but i waited at the meeting point for her..... even ate some junk food at the gas station..ahhhahahaha (out of character for this old body builder....)i did manage to make the gym after the whole ordeal..... twas a good workout too... smiling the way through it....

We went to the shelter . Tell you what... that song that stays in your heart in hiding came through loud and clear on this rescue when they brought Diablo outside. Low and behold.. he walked straight up to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! having only met me once...and being fearfull of men....I swear to God he looked me straight in the eyes.....and then licked my hand. My God.. I got a lump in my throat the size of a tennis ball......and I felt my eyes filling with fluid..... Christy then nelt down and he was all over her...see the pics below....

Anyone that thinks these furrbutts "don't know"......you need a change of thought... they know... he knew, he'd been rescued.. He hopped up in the back of her SUV... and she followed me back to the interstate.. i looked in the rear view mirror and there he was...sitting in the passenger seat ...hahahahahahaha she had a quilt layed out and the back seats down... but nope..he wanted to ride shotgun! to his new home.

here's the pics:

I stand my my motto: Saving the life of one wolfdog won't change the world...........but for that one wolfdog, it's world will change forever.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

I like a happy ending. Glad it went that way.
    Blazer

Comment

Awesome bro absolutely awesome
      '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
      '00 T/A Silver
      '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

awesome pic Ken.

Comment

good ending to an all-too-common story. Too bad your not nearby as I'm makin' one of my cheesecakes for T-day and sure would give ya a piece or 3 to celebrate this small victory
          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

Ken - That's Great that everything worked out... Gotta love a great ending..
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Nice work, Ken. He actually looks happy in the pics.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Bravo Ken!
                My DD
                2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

thanks yall. although this happens weekly with my rescue operation... it rarely happens in my home time allowing me to be one on one with the placement and all the shelter work... this one stole my heart.

she emailed me last night... i told her to use a crate but..she said "he's been locked up enough"... he kinda trashed the inside of her Pontiac Torrent on the way home... ate two seatbelts and chewed up the cargo netting...LOL... she said "oh well...that stuff can be replaced"..

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                  X