Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Pony Car Forum talking about our cars

http://gtamc.com/forums/showthread.p...2&page=1&pp=10
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

one of the articles was about this shelby super car. It is said to have a chevy v8 under the hood. What motor is it? anyone?

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

some of those guys really should do their homework before trying to talk aboutthe LS1. Some of them were WAAAAAAAY off. it was a good laugh though.
      '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
      '00 T/A Silver
      '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Id probably say about 50 percent of those guys liked the LS1 and respected it.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
        2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

didn't see any pics of the motor, no way to tell what kind it is. this is what i find hilarious...

the car has a "Horsepower Gauge"
          87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Wow...got to page 10 and all of them are civilized.

We all know GM makes better engines...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Notice how they're not knocking on our motors, because they've all been smoked by one. I shouldn't talk though, I only have an LT1 ... I love it anyway!
              1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
              Mods:
              "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
              Pro 5.0 Shifter
              Crane 1.5rrs
              Comp high tech pushrods
              Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
              SLP Loudmouth II
              SLP Cold air intake
              PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
              UMI adjustable panhard
              UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Comment

Originally posted by SeanC
                I shouldn't talk though, I only have an LT1 ... I love it anyway!
                Don't think that only having an LT1 makes the things inferior. I wish I had mine back as it was before the accident. It was a stock longblock with a bunch of bolt ons and had no problem running 13.0 @ 107 in the quarter all day long, and that was before some of the additional upgrades. It was probably a solid 12.90 car. Anything can be made faster. I still prefer the looks of the 93-97 over the 98+ cars. besides...... stuff a 383 LT1 with a good power adder and you can say "LS what"?

Oh.... I'm sure Fred still has a blast with his.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  Don't think that only having an LT1 makes the things inferior. I wish I had mine back as it was before the accident. It was a stock longblock with a bunch of bolt ons and had no problem running 13.0 @ 107 in the quarter all day long, and that was before some of the additional upgrades. It was probably a solid 12.90 car. Anything can be made faster. I still prefer the looks of the 93-97 over the 98+ cars. besides...... stuff a 383 LT1 with a good power adder and you can say "LS what"?
                  Oh.... I'm sure Fred still has a blast with his.

Mine sounds like somethin pretty close to that

And i can say "LS what" and "Mustang Cobra What" and "Mustang Roushe What" not too much that I can't say that about. But there are those out there that say that to me as well.
                  '00 T/A Silver

Comment

I think I only have the rights to say something like, "civic what!" haha. Havnt even gotten to see what my baby can do considering the motor died after like 2 weeks of driving it. Should be back on the road before too long
                    1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
                    Mods:
                    "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
                    Pro 5.0 Shifter
                    Crane 1.5rrs
                    Comp high tech pushrods
                    Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
                    SLP Loudmouth II
                    SLP Cold air intake
                    PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
                    UMI adjustable panhard
                    UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Comment

Originally posted by SeanC
                      I think I only have the rights to say something like, "civic what!" haha. Havnt even gotten to see what my baby can do considering the motor died after like 2 weeks of driving it. Should be back on the road before too long

It's cool bro some stratigically bought parts and lots of time invested, you'll get up there.
                      '00 T/A Silver

Comment

Why do alot of people talk down on the LT1s? Mine is just as fast if not a little faster than my buddies 2001 Z28 with a lid and catback. My opinion is LT1's are great performers too and should get more credit
                        1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

i prefer the looks of the 93-97..ls1 is a bass a$$ motor i don't really think it puts out that much though....
                          I like this guy..
                          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                          X