lookin at a canyon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lookin at a canyon

Hey guys, i was looking at a 2005 GMC canyon, 5 spd, 4x4 2.8 4 banger. Its been on the dealership for awhile and has dropped almost 5k in price. Its 10,500 and the blue book is around 15,500. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys had any thoughts on this truck and what your opinions are. Thanks guys!!
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

if u can, get the 3.5L I5 u will like it better, the 4 aint bad but the mpg wont be that much with the extra cylinder and power
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Its not so much that i'm looking for a 4 or 5 cylinder...this truck is just a great price, it just happens to be a 4 cylinder.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

oh ok, well if u need it go for it, problems with ur current daily driver? or just bored of it?

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Noisy engine...tiped acceleration and not so much towing will be done without sweating a bit.

It's a cheap truck...key word is cheap. If you're not expecting much...you'll be okay.

What cab size? Extended cab's rear seats are jokes...now, if it was a crew, it's has plenty of space.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

That 4 cyl in a vehicle that heavy has a hard time getting out of it's own way. The manual tranny is a little better than the auto. I owned a vehicle with the same engine and it's pretty doggy. Every time I hit an interstate on ramp I was bumping the rev limiter and bouncing back and forth to get up to speed. I was sorry I didn't go for the 6.
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
              That 4 cyl in a vehicle that heavy has a hard time getting out of it's own way. The manual tranny is a little better than the auto. I owned a vehicle with the same engine and it's pretty doggy. Every time I hit an interstate on ramp I was bumping the rev limiter and bouncing back and forth to get up to speed. I was sorry I didn't go for the 6.
              You think that is bad, you should try my 97 S10 with a 2.2l 4 cyl. If that thing didn't have a 3.73 gear ratio, it would never get up to highway speeds.

I have literally been beaten by PT Cruisers that didn't even know I was racing.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I have a 2005 colorado(same truck) but i have the Z71 with the 3.5L and 3.73's. I like it, its no rocket ship, but for a daily driver it has enough power. I beat a 97 F150 with a 4.6L(thats not saying much i know) and I get between 22 and 23 MPG. The one thing I would look out for in those trucks in a 04-05 is that there were problems with the intake valve seats. The problem just started on mine, but a few months ago I got a letter from GM saying they are fixing them for free up to 7 years 100kmiles.
                1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
                1995 Silverado-beater truck
                2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
                  oh ok, well if u need it go for it, problems with ur current daily driver? or just bored of it?
                  Not so much bored of it as sick of it...a bunch of minor problems.

Its a regular cab, which should help the accelaration a bit, plus the engine is about 185 hp (or close to that) and it weighs about the same as the stratus(which has 200 hp) so it shouldn't be too far off from what i'm driving.but the main reason i'm getting it is because of the 4wd. They just never plow near my house when it snows.

But i was pretty impressed with it when i drove it...so i'll ponder it a bit and see how it goes.
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                    What other vehicle has a 2.8 4 cylinder?
                    2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

turd gens

Comment

Working...
                      X