• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS9 Photos...Mmmmm~!

http://jalopnik.com/cars/detroit-aut...ble-326717.php

Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Wow. That looks really well engineered. I'm seriously impressed.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Anyone have a towel?

I need to clean the drool off of my KB.
      My DD
      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
        Anyone have a towel?

I need to clean the drool off of my KB.
        im glad you clarified "drool"....

the guys that posted that were afraid gm would make them take the site down.. i see its still up...cool!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Interesting to note that they designed similar to what us in the garage have been doing. When plumbing up an acquaintance, T-88'd 408 we placed the alternator in the same exact spot (we custom made a bracket for placement there. The aftermarket community uses dual and single intercoolers. The larger single intercooler was found to be more efficient. Expect that portion of the LS9 to be a site where mods will commence, and possibly relocation by the hard core guys to the front of the radiator for increased cooling capacity by being in the high-pressure air flow created by the air dams. Another thing to note was that probably like guys you and me who'd place a p1 or d1 on an LSX/LTX based motor proved that the concept works. Do you really think that GM was only doing advertising on the Hot Rod Power Tour?
          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
            im glad you clarified "drool"....
            I didn't at first but after looking the post over a 2nd time I thought I better...
            My DD
            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

That is so awesome. I hope there is one sitting in my garage some day.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Lol, by the time one makes it to my garage it will be 10 years old and leaking oil and coolant on the floor.
                Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                  Lol, by the time one makes it to my garage it will be 10 years old and leaking oil and coolant on the floor.
                  I still wouldn't kick it out...
                  My DD
                  2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Yes that LS9 would look good under the hood of my car.
                    Blazer

Comment

So is it basically a LS2 with a blower or is a different design all together?
                      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

The throttle body looks funny how it sits on the engine. They need an optional induction system sticking out of the hood!!!

This engine will only be available in the 09 corvette correct?
                        1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                          That is so awesome. I hope there is one sitting in my garage some day.
                          what? You don't have one on order? I would have put money on you being one of the first guys to have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                            what? You don't have one on order? I would have put money on you being one of the first guys to have one.
                            Yes, I've had one on order since late 05.

Gave them the deposit check the day I picked up the C6Z. I'm first on the list at the largest KC Corvette Stealership.
                            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Did they give you a firm price on it Norman?

sorry - dumb question...

Second thought, they wouldn't even know in late '05, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X