Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped to look at a T/A and......pics added

I was.... speechless.

I'm out in the sticks as you guys know, and I usually check out the little car lots from time to time. There is one just down the street from me that had this 79 green T/A sitting out there. I could see from the road that it was an incorrect color, I could see the waves in the doors and such but figured 'what the heck" and stopped to get a closer look. as I parked next to it. I immediately see cracking paint, patched over rot in the rear quarters, etc. I get out and start eyeballing the car. Straight, but obviously a dressed up semi-rust bucket. The interior had replacement gauges, re-dyed dash with color flaking off, but at lest it was complete. Then I notice a tag on the windshield:

79 T/A Movie Car. In the following movies: blah, blah, blah.....

$11,200 or best offer.

I about crapped my drawers. This pos for $11,200?

That's when the cowboy salesman comes out and proceeds to tell me that everything on the car is new and it's the best T/A that can be had. I pointed out the patched over rust, the other flaws and he says "It's a movie car".

Well that did it, I shook my head and got back in my car. He proceeded to badger me and I just blew him off. I would rather spend more for something quality than that "movie car" rustbucket that "everything was new and was the best T/A that could be had". What a terrible green too, definately incorrect for the f-body as the dark green from GM was metallic. This wasn't metallic and looked almost pine needle green. Kinda gross. There was evidence of the original silver exterior with red interior, that would have been better left as it was. Oh well.....

have a good day, Mr. Salesman.

You must be really out in the boonies.

Time to get a camera phone so you can send us some pics of these treasures.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Ok....I stopped by when they were closed and snapped a few pics. Click the thumbnails for close ups.

NOTE: IT'S THE NICEST THAT CAN BE HAD

check out how well the hood and header panel fit together. Plenty of waves. This thing is a joke.....

Comment

Yep, that's ugly alright! $11,200? Did you laugh?
          Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Do you remember what movies this "beauty" was supposedly in?
            My DD
            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

No...... I gotta go back and see if I can get a quick pic of the sheet on the dash. At first glance nothing jumped out.......

probably something like

Featured in:

"Rush half hour 4"
              "Lost in Death Valley"
              "Bad Auto Makovers special"
              "Blind Man's Bodyshop"

lol.

Comment

Can't be Hooper http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077696/ it was made in 1978 and the car was red.

You got to admit though, the tire shine makes quite a difference
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

The term "sanded with a brick and painted with a live chicken" comes to mind when looking at that, and in John Deere Green no less! All it needs now is yellow interior, a set of 30's with a donk kit, and stickers to complete the job!
                  "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
                    John Deere Green no less!
                    That's it! John Deere green.......... LMAO!

Comment

Well stop back buy an tell cowboy Fred B Burnbacker out of Atlanta has been looking for just that car. I want to play with his head. Tell him to call me at 770-836-5199. I love this.
                      Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                        Well stop back buy an tell cowboy Fred B Burnbacker out of Atlanta has been looking for just that car. I want to play with his head. Tell him to call me at 770-836-5199. I love this.
                        Blazer

if you are really in the mood, the fist pic clearly shows the phone number.......

the motor center (863)655-4445

Comment

a "movie car" means about the same to me as "as seen on tv"....who gives a wolfs butt? hahahahahahahahahahaa

what a pos!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

^ What he said. All that means to me is they might have used it for stunt jumps and bent the suspension all to heck. I could really care less if some movie star's butt has been in my seat.
                            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

the body is in better shape then the body on my GTA...
                              87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Working...
                              X