My poor firebird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor firebird

I opened the door and this guy says is that your firebird i go yes? he says i backed into it with my truck i walked out and it had big dent in driver side rear quarter panel behind gas cap atleast this guy came to the door instead of driving off
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Dude, you are soooooo lucky. 99 times out of 100 the person who hit you would have just driven off and vanished. The fact that the person stopped is such a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      Dude, you are soooooo lucky. 99 times out of 100 the person who hit you would have just driven off and vanished. The fact that the person stopped is such a blessing.
      Yeah someone backed into my nose over summer chipped paint off and drove off this guy was nice and came up to door the neighbor lady seen it happen she knocked on my door and seen if he talked to me
      1996 Firebird Formula

Comment

Man that never happens. That man must be from outer space an you will never from him again. Or he seen the the lady next door had seen it.That is a once in a life time thing. So all the rest of the fender benders will be on you.
        Blazer

Comment

Well there have been many cases in parking lots that somebody dinged another car and there were people watching. The person got out wrote a note and stuck it under the windshield wiper and people thought, good he's leaving his numbers or other info.

Usually an empty piece of paper or have a nice day!
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Around here, half the time they drive off even if you're in the car.
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

It sucks your car got messed up, but your so lucky the guy stopped man. I had someone put a 1" deep, 12" long gouge in my passenger quarter panel in my parking lot. They took off. Nobody saw anything. What really sucks is that this was a month after i finished restoring it.
              No F-Body right now

Comment

Props to that guy for doing the honorable thing.
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                  Props to that guy for doing the honorable thing.
                  Agreed.

Doesn't happen enough.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I've got one better for you... I pulled into a parking lot a few months ago with no one in the parking space in front of me... I come back out and the front tag holder of a Buick is bent around my nose... so... I figure, well... if he went in the store... he's gotta come back out... so I waited and a few minutes later grandpa comes out and actually tries to deny that he hit me... actually said "I don't remember hitting anyone"... Here's what I wanted to do... I tried not to have a look of total disgust on my face when I said... well, you can say that you don't remember hitting me, but that doesn't change the fact that well... you did... we're standing here in front of two cars who's noses are touching and there wasn't a car in front of me when I pulled in this parking place...
                    Luckily he backed his car up and there was zero damage to my car... so it wasn't a big deal at all... but I KNOW he would have driven off probably not even noticing that he'd hit someone... Old people... shish!
                    '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

Originally posted by zebragirl83
                      I've got one better for you... I pulled into a parking lot a few months ago with no one in the parking space in front of me... I come back out and the front tag holder of a Buick is bent around my nose... so... I figure, well... if he went in the store... he's gotta come back out... so I waited and a few minutes later grandpa comes out and actually tries to deny that he hit me... actually said "I don't remember hitting anyone"... Here's what I wanted to do... I tried not to have a look of total disgust on my face when I said... well, you can say that you don't remember hitting me, but that doesn't change the fact that well... you did... we're standing here in front of two cars who's noses are touching and there wasn't a car in front of me when I pulled in this parking place...
                      Luckily he backed his car up and there was zero damage to my car... so it wasn't a big deal at all... but I KNOW he would have driven off probably not even noticing that he'd hit someone... Old people... shish!
                      I'm all for elderly driver's licenses. I live in the county with the second oldest population in the country. You can't go anywhere without getting stuck behind someone doing 10 under the speed limit!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

$633 in damage i faxed estimate later today to his insurance company he talked to them that morning at 8 am about it he said if it isnt too much he would just pay it instead of having his insurance go up for his 1st accident he is 65 he said
                        1996 Firebird Formula

Comment

Ken I think he is talking about us. Blazer

Comment

well today is good day he sending me cashiers check in mail for damage he said if he doesnt have any accident claims he gets so much off his insurance every year
                            1996 Firebird Formula

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me about 7 years ago. The guy claimed my car wasn't there when he pulled into that spot, yet I had parked in an area where there wasn't a soul near me.

Comment

Working...
                              X