Thought I would share a few RC plane pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I would share a few RC plane pics

I've done a few builds for hire, I thought I would share a few pics of some completed and flying warbirds. Some i still have, some are in the hands of their new owners. The P-40 was just shipped out, the A6M Zero is part of the personal collection as is the F4U. I specialize in stuffing a much larger than needed powersystem into a small space. Go figure....... The Corsair has close to a 3:1 power to weight ratio. Needless to say it's a screamer. All the photos are thumbnails, click them for a larger version.

Nice work man!
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

I love WWII-era planes. You do really nice work, Joe.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Those are awesome! I love the attention to detail. As a former car model builder, I can see that you have a keen eye for the detail. My boss used to build rc planes. He built one a few years ago in Tony Stewart colors(his fav driver at the time) and then he won the championship that year... He also got it signed by Tony(Tony gave him a huge compliment about it too). I will have to get the pics from him...
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

Thanks guys. That A6M Zero took seemingly forever. It uses an aluminum pigment paint, hand drawn panel lines, ludicrous power too.

The way that one reflects the light in an early morning sortie is just stunning.

Comment

pure talent...craftsmanship. i wont even tell you how bad i would mess something like that up trying to do it....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

The planes look incredible....but I do have one question. Why not a 3 bladed prop on the F4U? Is there a particular reason for it? Didnt the real thing have it? Dont get me wrong, not trying to be a smarta$$, just curious is all.
              LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Originally posted by LarryMow
                The planes look incredible....but I do have one question. Why not a 3 bladed prop on the F4U? Is there a particular reason for it? Didnt the real thing have it? Dont get me wrong, not trying to be a smarta$$, just curious is all.
                Three blade props consume more energy than a two blade prop. I do have some three blade props I keep around for scale appearance, it's just in the actual flying there are more choices with pitch speed and diameter in the 2 blade props. That Corsair is configured toward speed which needs a higher pitch speed at a higher rpm than what I can get out of a three blade prop. It's all about balancing amp draw vs rpm vs performance.

Comment

Aaah ok, that sheds some light on it...Ive always wondered about that., Thanks.
                  LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                    pure talent...craftsmanship. i wont even tell you how bad i would mess something like that up trying to do it....
                    Slap on 100 coats of Zaino and it would look mahv-a-lous!
                    R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Awesome job on those Joe! They really look amazing.
                      1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
                      Mods:
                      "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
                      Pro 5.0 Shifter
                      Crane 1.5rrs
                      Comp high tech pushrods
                      Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
                      SLP Loudmouth II
                      SLP Cold air intake
                      PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
                      UMI adjustable panhard
                      UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Comment

Joe -

Ever build a P-38 Lightning? They were one of my favorite WWII-era planes.

If you have, what are the flying characteristics like on a twin-tail design?

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                        X