No announcement yet.

Anyone ever heard of American Radials?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever heard of American Radials?

I am looking for some new tires for my 2004 4WD Isuzu Ascender (AKA Chevy TrailBlazer / GMC Envoy) The sales guy at the local Goodyear shop swears that my best option is a American Radial tire made by Cooper. Now Cooper I have heard of, but I couldn't find much info about this American Radial tire. Does anyone have any experience with this brand? btw the tire size is 245/65-17. Thanks in advance.
    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Never heard of those. Ken might chime in.

Too bad your not closer, I have a brand new set of Goodyear Fortera's in my garage that have never been mounted. I ordered them for my Envoy, but I torn on installing them or getting RWL tires for the rims I have for my Envoy...
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

its just another "off brand tire" that started up in the U.S. companies will decide they want to get into the tire business... so they come up with minimum specifications and then go out for bid for a tire company to build the tire for them and put their markings on it. Cooper is a big player in that arena. Its at best a "b" level tire, but more than likely a "c" level. A,B,and C are the "levels"..A being Michelin, BridgestonFirestone, Goodyear, Yokohama, etc....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
      X