Center Mount Exhaust GP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center Mount Exhaust GP

While investigating the now discontinued SLP Center mount exhaust system, I've discovered that it's the valence that attaches under the rear bumper that either make it, or breaks it. There were a couple of variations..... the original twin tip system and the aftermarket quad tip version.

The original:

the quad tip:

I never really cared for the quad tip. the valence is split into two pieces where the original version is one piece. The same goes for the tips, the quads look way too funky. I've seen the stock rectangle tips configured in the center and it's not bad at all.

Since SLP has discontinued these, they are very pricey if you can even locate them. I've found a souce that is reproducing the original SLP center mount valence. In regular production the parts will be more expensive ($340), but the quality will be excellent. For a short time, they can be purchased for $300 with free shipping........as a price match that was offered to another forum. If we can put together a group purchase of at least 10 units the price is $270 SHIPPED anywhere within the US and $300 shipped to Hawaii, Canada, and Puerto Rico. +20 Orders will bring it down to $260 SHIPPED.

they are from http://www.surfacemodz.com/ I've been in contact with the owner to set this up, here is a pic of the repro part.

These are molded from an original, so it's an exact replica. This group buy is for the valence only, for the tips you'll need to search ebay like I did and pick up a set. Of course you could come up with all kinds of other options like using the rectagle tips with custom hookups.

post here first if there is any interest.

The owners info is:
    Eric Ko | 626-636-6678
    SurfaceMODz

Anyone in?

wanna give me on of ur 4th gens lol times again when i wish i had a 4th gen
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I prefer the twin tip as well.

The quad tip almost looks like a prop.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Huston, we have take off

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I'm probably going to order one without ....... I want this one on the car asap. I've also found a repro SS exhaust tip too, but the one I picked up is an original.

Comment

Im in.........
            2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

that's two so far.....

Ya know you want one

Comment

find me a 4th gen z28 for 2K and im in

Comment

The site hasnt been updated since sept 2007. Are they on yet?
                  2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

LS1 tech ran a GP and everyone got theirs, they had quite a few orders.

Comment

Hard to believe there aren't more that want one......... I'm just going to order one without . It's a heck of a deal even at $300, you can't find an SLP part for that.

Comment

I bit the bullet and ordered one. The item came in a smaller box than I expected, but it was rolled in there. It's fairly heavy and well made. It does however, lack some of the finishing that one might expect from a higher priced part. Specifically, the top edge is cut square and requires sanding the edge to a smooth curve, along with smoothing out a few molding imperfections. It's still a good deal. I dropped of the part at my local body shop and had them do the finish work, dropped off the car a few days later to get the rear bumper repainted (warranty work on paint that started to bubble) and have them do the valence at the same time. Grand total? $150 for the finishing, paint and install. Now all that is left to do is to connect the exhaust tip and 90º pipes to the muffler. And yeah, I know......

I'll get to that as soon as the exhaust is on.

Comment

That's a great deal for everything.

I can't believe the body shop is only charging $150.

Can't beat that.
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Actually it was less than $150, but sales tax pushed it over. I dropped off the car at the corner muffler shop to have them bend and cut the proper 90º pipes. Awesome job! I already have the stainless band clamps so as soon as I get home from work, the exhaust will be finished. The mock up looked sweet, so I can't wait!

Comment

me me !!!!!!!

oh wait.........

err.............

no thanks.

cool!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                              X