NFB - Investment group/forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB - Investment group/forum

I'm looking for an Investment forum to join and start educating myself a little more on individual investing. I know the basics and want to go a little deeper in depth. I subscrbe to Money, Smart Money and read others, but you get different points of view from each one...

My Financial Advisor has done pretty well over the years, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't do something on my own in parallel to see what's the best avenue is for the future.

Any comments or recommendations would be great. Thanks
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Originally posted by Gary94Formula

My Financial Advisor has done pretty well over the years, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't do something on my own in parallel to see what's the best avenue is for the future.

Any comments or recommendations would be great. Thanks
    Well, that's the rub. There is no clear and concise avenue to the future. There are many paths and the most successful investors have everything so diversified that if any one or two paths turn sour, the other more than make up for it. You are wise to branch out.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      Well, that's the rub. There is no clear and concise avenue to the future. There are many paths and the most successful investors have everything so diversified that if any one or two paths turn sour, the other more than make up for it. You are wise to branch out.
      100% truth.

The old saying "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" was most likely quoted from an investor.

If there were sure things, we'd all be rich.

As far as forums, I know Ameritrade has a community forum. I use them for stocks, and I visited the forums a few times, but never really dove in.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I have a TD Ameritrade account and I am starting to attend their web presentations, but I haven't spent much time reviewing their forum.

I am with an independent advisor firm now as I was with American Express, but they only wanted to sell there own products.

I am fairly diversified, but now I am looking at doing some investing on my own with low cost funds to see if I can possibly increase my returns. I want to do a little more research first...
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Working...
        X