Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0-60 in under 4 seconds and it's electric.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0-60 in under 4 seconds and it's electric.

I want one of these really bad.....

http://www.teslamotors.com/

0-60 under 4 seconds
    Top Speed 125 mph
    Full Charge About 3.5 hours
    200-240 mile range depending spirited driving.
    battery life 100K miles

Very cool. It's very nice looking too.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Its a lotus that has the engine replaced, so i would imagine that it would handle pretty good as well. I saw that on history channel. Very sweet car.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Yeah...I've got that on my list of cars I want but will never own...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Now if they can make it affordable.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
            Now if they can make it affordable.
            amen to that
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

220 miles and your toast. cant just stop and fill up man... you gotta wait.

and speaking of wait.... wait till you have to replace the batteries $$$$$$$$$$$

the electric just aint there yet. my 2 cents.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I agree...electrics have a way to go...but this car is far ahead of the rest of the electrics out there.

200 mile range is more than enough for the majority of people. Lets see...100 miles one way...that would get me to Morehead easily...that's the farthest I drive in a typical year.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

My typical daily mileage is about 40. considering I would just plug it in overnight proabably every other day, that 220 mile range is a cakewalk. That would be an awesome daily driver! I would still have another vehicle for long trips.

Comment

But 98K? No thanks..............Much better cars that drink the dyno juice !
                    2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

What my question is.....What "High Performance 4 Cyl. did they compare to in the dyno chart.

I'm no 4 cyl. fan by any means. But even I will say that that dyno chart is a bit bs.

Oh and I do not care for electric at all either which is why i have 2 F-Body's.
                      '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                      '00 T/A Silver
                      '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

read up on electric motors folks. They make insane torque without the need to rev first.

ya may not be used to it, but eventually you'll see the light.

Comment

98K !!! wow sure aint cheap!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Wait till they get the better batteries for it. I think it runs off laptop batteries or something like that right now, and theres a crapload of them in there and they get hot so they need special cooling. If you are really serious about getting one, you should look a tthe battery technology in a year or two once he gets it developed a little better.

Comment

Yep...... it's the battery technology that has been increasing. Within a couple of years, rumor is that there will be a battery that can fit in the palm of your hand that will deliver 500 amps continuous discharge. I can believe that. What needs to be worked on is the starage capacity. They seem to be constructing higher and higher discharge capacity cells, but you still need a crapload of them for increased run time.

Comment

Working...
                              X