welp..it was a heart attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welp..it was a heart attack

posted yesterday my wifes 94 year old dad was taken to the hospital via ambulance... they did some test... kinda thought it was not his heart and was muscular/skelletor.... didnt release him though... erratic ekg when he got there so the heart was not ruled out.

well, today, my wife drove up north, picked her mom up and they went...then her brother that lives farther north showed up.. i planned on going later after i got the furrbutts settled in.. phone rang..the doctor was there "he did not want to tell her dad untill the family was present" wus up wit dat? stress thing? anyway.. they had done some more tests, he had a heart attack. they are keeping him there again tonight...

i went up there. drove the GXP, nice day and knew the traffic wouldnt be that bad... first time one of my "toys" has been north of Stafford on I95 in years... in fact, the GTO never went north of stafford on that fked up crazy interstate...

after the visit.. came home and detailed the car and put it away under cover in the garage. working two days this week... weather permiting..it will come out friday.

wife took down all the Christmas decorations when she got home, she said it just didn't feel like Christmas at all. To me... its just one of those "shit happens" things........ if all goes well..we will celebrate with her parents this weekend.....no biggie. but you know women.

thing is... he's 94. this could be the minor quake before the big quake. im prepared.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Ken - That's a tough way to spend your Holiday. I understand where you're coming from. My Dad called me Friday afternoon and told me my Uncle passed away Friday morning. He was 88 and fell Thursday and broke his pelvis and laid on the floor for 4+ hours until my cousin found him. They were able to stabilize him Thursday night, but he went into cardiac arrest Friday early morning and they decided it was best to do a DNR as he probably wasn't going to make it through the surgery anyway. Luckily my Dad called and talked to him last Wednesday right before this all occurred. So Sunday was the viewing and the burial was Monday morning.
    It's sort of taking a toll on my Dad as he's going on 81, but all his friends and relatives are passing away... Good luck getting through this and you never know what tomorrow brings...
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Wow... 94, that's gettin up there. Could have been worse though. Our prayers go out to you.

Comment

We'll pray that your Dad gets well soon Ken.

Sorry to hear such bad news...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
          We'll pray that your Dad gets well soon Ken.

Sorry to hear such bad news...
          thanks. its Mary's dad.. my dad is doing pretty good...at 86.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Prayers are with you and your family.

94... Sign me up. He sounds like a fighter.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

My prayers are with you, Mary's Dad and your family.

My Family has a history of heart disease, so I know how you feel when it happens on the holidays. That's why I'm with my Grandmother for the holidays out here in Ventura. with her heart diseases, not sure if this Christmas is is the last or more to come

I'm thankful that Mary has you to lean on in these times.
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law, but it sounds like he has had a good run- seen his kid's kids, and all that. Not to sound morbid, but, sometimes, it is just time. Doesn't make it easier on those left behind, but, at 94 yers, it has to be realistically accepted.

I just hope we can all get together again "on the other side"- there are a couple friends of mine already there that I would love to see again

Peace-
                2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Working...
                X