33.4 mpg in Project Blue Angel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33.4 mpg in Project Blue Angel

The old girl served well on my vacation. We went up to Charleston, SC. and clocked 475 miles each way. Got 32.3 mpg on the way up, and with some carful use of the right foot was able to get 33.4 mpg on the way home. I can't believe with 210K miles on the clock it got that kind of mileage.

The power steering groaned in the 19 degree weather, but the noise went away once it warmed up. Tomorrow the cleanup takes place along with the addition of some extra stainless steel emblems. As soon as I get settled, next is the suspension mods and the center mount exhaust.

Ya'll behave?

Very nice. 5 speed?
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Yup, 5 speed.

Comment

These cars really get great mileage. Nobody believed me when I told them I got 27 MPG with my mods, but I did consistently from Philly and back to Detroit.

I've heard of a lot of 6 speed Z's getting over 30 MPG on the highway. It's all about how you drive it.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I also took a trip this weekend (250 miles both ways) on I-80 and managed around 28ish. I love my sixer but everyday I dream of a T/A.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
            These cars really get great mileage. Nobody believed me when I told them I got 27 MPG with my mods, but I did consistently from Philly and back to Detroit.

I've heard of a lot of 6 speed Z's getting over 30 MPG on the highway. It's all about how you drive it.

The best I ever had was with my 97 WS6 6sp and on 95 going to Florida I got 36mpg on a nicecool spring day! 80mph and barrely and traffic at all. Just cruise. the other tanks were around 33ish.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
            2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

I had to really baby it, but ya can't argue with 500 miles per tank.

Comment

Working...
              X