Vacation was awesome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation was awesome

Went to Charleston SC to unwind. We lived there many years ago..... some things changed, some things haven't. Spent time on the USS Yorktown, even in bitter 18 degree temps and 15 mph winds it was a blast. Went aboard a WWII sub too. I can't imagine how folks can live aboard the things. Just getting from one compartment to another is a chore. Took a few photos so here are a couple nice ones.

couple more....

Comment

beautiful pics Joe, and wow, your son looks like your splitting image.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

cools pics joe, i was on that carrier, deff worth the money
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          beautiful pics Joe, and wow, your son looks like your splitting image.
          Yep.... that's my mini-me. There are times he looks like me, there are other times he favors his mother. It depends on the expression and the angle.

Comment

Glad you had fun I have the saratoga and the Forestall carrierrs mothballed on the Daock @ the navy base where I work... Their like empire state buildi9ngs on their side see em every day. Good to see some Fresh perspictive on these floating cities . I believe Jimbo was on the Forestall when he served...
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
              Glad you had fun I have the saratoga and the Forestall carrierrs mothballed on the Daock @ the navy base where I work... Their like empire state buildi9ngs on their side see em every day. Good to see some Fresh perspictive on these floating cities . I believe Jimbo was on the Forestall when he served...
              That's awesome. I rarely get to see that stuff. I've been on a Carrier, a Destroyer and a Frigate. The diesel sub was probably the most mind blowing though...... everything is in such close quarters. The nukes must be a bit less cramped but my guess is that it's not by much.

Comment

Awesome pics, Joe.

I've been on quite a few naval ships and I agree with you... The diesel subs are the most amazing. Especially considering how long they are out there.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Cool vacation and great pics. Charleston is one of my favorite places. One of the few remaining bastions of the old south.

And yea I agree, those are very tight quarters. I had the opportunity to tour the USS Requin during her stint in Tampa as a tourist attraction (She has been since moved to Pittsburg) I know they still do hot bunking on the newer subs. It just seems gross to me to crawl into a bunk just vacated by one of your shipmates.
                  Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                    Cool vacation and great pics. Charleston is one of my favorite places. One of the few remaining bastions of the old south.

And yea I agree, those are very tight quarters. I had the opportunity to tour the USS Requin during her stint in Tampa as a tourist attraction (She has been since moved to Pittsburg) I know they still do hot bunking on the newer subs. It just seems gross to me to crawl into a bunk just vacated by one of your shipmates.
                    Hey I was gonna talk about that sub too! I've been in it an I'm sure half of Pittsburgh has been there when visiting the Carnegie Science Center.
                    That sub has become part of our city's skyline believe it or not.

On a side note: Sweet Jacket Joe!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                      Hey I was gonna talk about that sub too! I've been in it an I'm sure half of Pittsburgh has been there when visiting the Carnegie Science Center.
                      That sub has become part of our city's skyline believe it or not.

On a side note: Sweet Jacket Joe!
                      Yea, it's a shame but it was largely ignored here. I thought it was a very cool addition to the riverfront. But I guess it's just the tourist atmosphere in Florida. If it doesn't flip you upside down and turn your guts inside out nobody cares. Nice to know she found a good home.
                      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Working...
                      X