Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

resetting vin# - hypertech power programmer plus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resetting vin# - hypertech power programmer plus?

I ve got a power programmer plus for 96 -97 lt1 camaro / firebird/ corvettes , but its locked on some vin#.
    I ve got the powerscan module with it and i can use that, but i d like to reset it if thats possible...i was thinking , what kind of memory has this got , i remember the old cell phones, if they were locked you could reset the pin by putting them in the freezer for a few days and it worked .

I thought there was a possibility that would work , the programmer is about the same age as the old phones ( 98 -99), maybe they ve got the same kind of memory. I think its the same as that recall on the 98 ls1 s , when the mileage got wiped when temperatures got under freezing
    Anyone ever tryed that?
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Originally posted by Trans Am
    I ve got a power programmer plus for 96 -97 lt1 camaro / firebird/ corvettes , but its locked on some vin#. ?
    You cannot "reset" the programmer. It "swaps" programming so to speak in it's process. You'll have to hook it back up to the computer that has that locked VIN number and swap programs again.

Comment

I know someone that does it, but he's in the U.S. PM or e-mail me if you want a name.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X